New Jersey

Is it possible? If so, can someone link me a program?

Dallas, Texas

It's definitely possible. I've seen some TI calc demos. Though I don't know where to find out how to create such things.

Outer Space

I used to leave behind cool pixel art on graphing calculators for the next class to find. It should be said I almost failed that year lol.

New Jersey
OmO wrote:

I used to leave behind cool pixel art on graphing calculators for the next class to find. It should be said I almost failed that year lol.

Lol, what did you use?

Sweden

There is a menu called DRAW that includes the function PEN. You should read the manual about saving and restoring pictures.

Nomad's Land

There are a bunch of bmp converters out there. Check http://www.ticalc.org/pub/, especially the /win resp. /unix subdirectories. Some even allow you to do grayscale.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Oct 1, 2014 8:09 am)

New Jersey
irrlichtproject wrote:

There are a bunch of bmp converters out there. Check http://www.ticalc.org/pub/, especially the /win resp. /unix subdirectories. Some even allow you to do grayscale.

Thanks, but choosing from a list is not my fortee. Do you have a specific program that you know is really good?

New Jersey
boomlinde wrote:

There is a menu called DRAW that includes the function PEN. You should read the manual about saving and restoring pictures.

This is cool, but not necessarily what I had in mind.

Nomad's Land

Lazy bum, you! wink
I use bmp2z80 on linux, it's very simple but doesn't support grayscale. For Windows, pic>>z80 is a good choice.

Both output .asm, which means you need to write a loader for it, or find a way to convert it to 8xi format. For an easy all-in-one solution, you could try SourceCoder. It does bmp->8xi, haven't tried it myself though.

New Jersey
irrlichtproject wrote:

Lazy bum, you! wink
I use bmp2z80 on linux, it's very simple but doesn't support grayscale. For Windows, pic>>z80 is a good choice.

Both output .asm, which means you need to write a loader for it, or find a way to convert it to 8xi format. For an easy all-in-one solution, you could try SourceCoder. It does bmp->8xi, haven't tried it myself though.

Aren't these converters? Is there a program you use for actually making the drawings on the calculator itself?

Medina, Ohio
Rat wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

Lazy bum, you! wink

Aren't these converters? Is there a program you use for actually making the drawings on the calculator itself?

Like stated earlier, the draw menu. Basically turn the display of the axis off and you have a blank canvas. You can turn on and off individual pixels, draw lines, shapes and more. Then when satisfied save: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/s … -plus.html

I believe the clearDraw function is in the program menu for when you are through.