New Zealand

My dmg01 sits next to my bed, recently I have not had the batteries in it as they are being used in my sons glow worm toy, last night I woke up and my screen was glowing And the Nintendo logo that appears on bootup was replaced by a simalir logo with the words "intend No" .
An awful high pitch scream like tone was coming from the speaker, I checked the battery compartment and sure enough the batteries were not in there  but the screen was still glowing and the sound was still coming from the speakers, the screen then started to flash in a simaliar way to what it does when I trigger the clock mod on it and then (I feel strange telling you guys this but I'm freaking out here and need some help) I am sure it said my IRL name...... But I can't be sure, the screen was definitely on and there was sound coming out, the logo was different though.... Maybe it didn't say my name , maybe I was just freaking out... I don't know.... It then turned off. just click...off.

Has any thing like this happened to any of you dudes? I find it super hard to believe that it even happened to me I feel like I am losing my mind....

Can the circuit board store enough power to make this kind of thing happen with out the batteries being present? (screen light up, speaker make sound) I can't be 100% sure of it saying my name but everything else definitely  happened...

Simaliar stories? Advice? Help!!!!!!!!!!

Riverside, CA

2spooky4me
wait for Halloween for that level of sp00ky

Detroit, Michigan

Melbourne, Australia

Earth

Chips & Dip :3

[ SPOOPY INTENSIFIES ]

Chicago IL

Did you get your DMG at a garage sale? If so you should do some research on child deaths or murders in the area you got it from.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

You have suffered a sleep paralysis hallucination, it is something normal for a chipmusician.

South UK

This is a common problem for early model DMGs. The main cause is linked back to Gunpei Yokoi sacrificing his first born to become market leader, during early design stage.

Luckily, all it takes is a standard exorcism, and the issues should stop bothering you for a few months.

A̺̱̹͍̟̼s̢͍͈͡i̠d͖͔̠͙̲̭͉͢͡͝e̴̢̬̬̪̳̝̠͙̜ͅ ̨̟͖͇̹̜̙̣͞͠f͟҉̰͔̤̺̥̜̝̺r̵̯̜͉̝͚̗̫͟͜ͅọ̢m̶̞̥̜̺̮ͅ ̛̠̜̠̪t̢̯̲̜h̙̲̪͜a͚̹̹͔͞t̵̨̥͖̣̗̮͔̲͓́,̶͇̭͉̤͍͠ ̹̖̼͟͠ͅy̤̩͝o̵̧͓̫̮͔̰̰̩͞ų̰̘̦ͅ ̡͉͖̯͎͙ͅm̜̗͎̭̗̯͔͉͝a͓͓͇ý͔̞͢ ͢͏͓͕͚͘j̗͚̠̩̞̮̺͍͝u͉̫̦̳̬s̵҉̺̬̤̗͙͎̝ͅt̤̝̻̟͇̀̀͠ ̼̠͕̰̜͞h̢̦͉̬̩͖̺̯̮̀a̧̹͙̻̹̺͖̬v̡̨̩̭͖͕͚͚͟é̳͉ ̛̛̫̭̺̗t̩͚̬̦̀o̥̝̪̲̻̦̤͓̮ ̢̲̖̠̬̟̦͎l̰̫̭͇͖̀i͚̟̮̜̬͚̭͉͠v̨̘̥̥͉̤͈e͏̮̣̹͟ ̘͈̙͍̀w͠͝͏͈͕̥̙̬͕̭i͎͎͈̺̳̹͞͝t͕̻̹̮͙h̤̺̝͖͈͚ ̡̡̼̦͕̘̯͉̗ͅi͉̹͓͍t͈̥ ̵̡͔͕̣͟į̖͖̝͔͙̟͎̯͉ņ͢͏̲ ̫̰̭̩͟ͅt͟ͅh͈̭͖e͓͙͠ ̴̯͕e̜̭̩̮͈̹̰̞t̞̳̭͈e̙͖͞ŗ̣̰̼͙͙͈̝̮ͅń̶̡͖̲͎̲̞̥̠a̶̢̞̩͚͍̫l̀͡͏̞̗ ̛͎͙̭͔̮ͅͅs͍͉͈̞̟̱̜̻ͅļ̢̜̲͕̙̟̝͢ų͓̼͙̭ṃ̣͕͖̫͡͞ͅb̛̝̺͔̝e͍̺͕̝͍͝ͅr҉͏̭̬̺͚̦̼͓ͅ ̨͎̭̹̝͢͝ͅo̶̭͈͕̭̘͚͔̻͢ͅf͓͍͖̮̯̻ͅͅ ̘̖̱̝̘̘͕̞͞ͅt̪̦̬̣͜ḥ̛̺ị͖̮̱͚̱̪̪s̟̬͙̪̲͞ ̤͎̲͔́͘e̱̹̝͖͙͘͞m͇̭̣̠p̨̱̟̯̗̪̱̭̤͞t̶̵̺͇͕͕̟y̢͔͕ ̫̥c͖̫̣̤̪̦̠͙̕ǫ̵̝̰͈̥̀s͔͉͖͠ͅm̧͏̣̻̠͙̱̫̭i̵̙̝̟̹̳̹͜c̛̙̤̙̞͖̼ ̘̥̻v̨̞̲̖̺̲͖ͅẹ̳͍̫͡͡s̡̯̭̙̝s̪͕͕͟͜͝ͅe҉̘͖͖̤͈̭̯͈ļ̵̛̳̭̲̬̯̥ ̵̢̟͉͎s̰͙p͔̺̭͔̮͍͠e͎͕̬͙̗̦͘w̖̣̪͇͈̕ẹ̫͓̣̰͢d̡̬̜̙͎̱̘̠̩ ̞̝̦̱̳̩̖f̵͖͈̻̞ͅo̳̼̹͇̲͕̳r͏̟̖̰t̘̜̭̺͙̤̞͓ḩ͎̬̻̭͙ͅ ̨̰̰̩̩͇͇̕͜o͈̙͎̰̭̝̯͔͟͟ǹ̵̞͕͈ ͞͏̠̙͇̦t͉͘h̛͙̞ȩ͇̬͙̬̩͢ ͉͉͙̟p̯̣̞͘͡ͅr͇̩̮̞͠i҉̬̻m̫̣̱̞o͇͖̝͜r̥̦͞ḑ̫͕͜ì̡̙̼̫͝ͅa̗̹̭͓̹͍̣l̛͎͈̱̻̳̫ ͝͏͔̱̗̯̭͓̰s̡̠̕ḩ̶̙̙̖̗͙̙͔o̧̧̼͈̝ŗ̼̬̱͈̣͘̕e̤̖s̠͠ ҉̮̞͔̻̰̜͞ò͇̘͕͓̝͡f̜̰̝̼͔̩͡ ̴̛̝̦̱̬̝̗̟̻m̤̬̀̀o̴̟̻̥̻̼̰͜d̢̯̲͔̯̝̙̩̱e̢̢̢̗̠͔͕ŕ̮̳͎̬̺͘͠n͙̺̗̫̕͡ ̶̠͈̹ͅ

Riverside, CA
Category wrote:

Luckily, all it takes is a standard exorcism, and the issues should stop bothering you for a few months.

Man that's nothing compared to what you have to do to exorcise Gunpei's other kids out of a Wonderswan.

Sweeeeeeden

Guys, you're one month early...

Finland

did you take too much lsdj?

SLC, UT

This issue is fairly common on most DMG's iirc. Look into the holy water mod, totally fixed it for me. I'll post a tut later on.

That's a good story, but I used to have a haunted GBA that kept telling me to kill people, kill people.
Thankfully, I dumped that creepy 'ol thing off at a goodwill in another town.

Last edited by Koji-Kendo (Oct 1, 2014 9:43 pm)

New Zealand

Ok.
So I see most of you think I'm joking.
But this is serious , it happened again last night, and what's more I woke my partner and she saw and heard it too!
We are both tottaly freaked out, I thought i was going mad, and I had not told my partner for fear of looking crazy, but now she too has seen it with her own eyes...

Does anyone know of this kind of thing happening with any kind of videogame console in the past?

We are getting in a medium later this week

Until then any advice?

Last edited by 8BIT KIDD (Oct 1, 2014 10:49 pm)

Seattle, WA
8BIT KIDD wrote:

Ok.
So I see most of you think I'm joking.
But this is serious , it happened again last night, and what's more I woke my partner and she saw and heard it too!
We are both tottaly freaked out, I thought i was going mad, and I had not told my partner for fear of looking crazy, but now she too has seen it with her own eyes...

Does anyone know of this kind of thing happening with any kind of videogame console in the past?

We are getting in a medium later this week

Until then any advice?

Paint your DMG shell black, then draw a pentagram on it in lambs blood.