Michigan
freezedream wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

There will be a cart release first, and we're not so sure the everdrive will support the enormous amount of SRAM that I have designed onto my boards. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Well the new everdrive will apparently have 16Mb of SRAM, surely that will be enough?!
See: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/mega-everdrive

Is the sdram split up for use with multiple Roms? What I meant was that it may not support the mapping scheme. Chances are that it will have support is suppose.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Nov 4, 2014 1:50 pm)

Beware wrote:

I wish more Android devices came with hardware keyboards and/or emulator devs cared more about audio performance.  My phone is so close to being the ultimate chip composer.  Will be trying this out soon.

Is this too tacky?  I think probably.  Rigging a phone clip to something like this shouldn't be too difficult though.

http://www.chinabootik.com/tablets/396-cvpt-a163.html

ovenrake wrote:

keyboard looks hot yo

Got one of these.  Actually surprisingly sturdy, but the button mapping is atrocious.  There isn't a Start or Select button mapped to the gamepad and I can't seem to find a reasonable keymapping app that works with it.  I suppose the best plan is to edit the layout manually within the Android filesystem, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Last edited by Beware (Nov 7, 2014 7:16 am)

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Donated! Can't wait for this tracker to be released

Men of Mega wrote:

Donated! Can't wait for this tracker to be released

Hey there, I would like to thank you for your support. It means alot to me.

Quick update for the entire community. The Portamento Up, Down and Portamento to Note tracker commands are now implemented (Very "fun" to code). I'm now working on the Arpeggio and Vibrato commands. Getting Vibrato to work will be a charm, but I will work on Groove after these are done. Yes groove will be handled separately for each channel. I know quite a few of you folks out there really want this feature. So far though everything sounds great, I think you guys will really enjoy this tracker!

Also, I'm sticking with the name change to Prodigy. Very soon, all threads on the internet will reflect the name change. I've updated the graphics with a sleek new font, and the name is changed within the tracker. But all references outside of the tracker will point to it's name being Prodigy Tracker.

I'm really excited to share this with you guys. Next update will either be a video or a functional demo. It depends on the functionality and stability of the tracker, there's still a massive amount of work to be done.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Nov 8, 2014 10:18 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

Just out of interest, you knkw ops 2 and 3 are mislabeled in some of the sega documentation so the algorithms dont work correctly?

Yes, I have a chart showing the proper Operator assignments.

Canada

out of curiosity, how can Prodigy Tracker be compatible with Defflemask workflow if the tracker is not compatible with everdrive/something similar (as mentioned above)? Unless the cart you plan to sell can be flashed somehow. I probably sound like a dufus, and there may be a simple answer. Just a thought I had today based on the limited knowledge I currently have on this stuff.

ps: I'm ridiculously excited for this. Been craving a native genesis tracker for performance application for a while now.

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 9, 2014 4:58 am)

CountSymphoniC wrote:

Hey there, I would like to thank you for your support. It means alot to me.

Quick update for the entire community. The Portamento Up, Down and Portamento to Note tracker commands are now implemented (Very "fun" to code). I'm now working on the Arpeggio and Vibrato commands...

So psyched! Can't wait for that demo.

Just received my Nomad in the mail yesterday. I know it will be a while before I'm tracking on it, but I wanted to be prepared. tongue

Jansaw wrote:

out of curiosity, how can Prodigy Tracker be compatible with Defflemask workflow if the tracker is not compatible with everdrive/something similar (as mentioned above)? Unless the cart you plan to sell can be flashed somehow. I probably sound like a dufus, and there may be a simple answer. Just a thought I had today based on the limited knowledge I currently have on this stuff.

ps: I'm ridiculously excited for this. Been craving a native genesis tracker for performance application for a while now.

When the time comes for a cart run, we're going for flash carts that can be flashed via USB. Even still, ultimately Prodigy Tracker will be compatible with Everdrives and emulators, even if it means I have to have different versions or modes of the ROM.

Lake Titicaca

Will it have true BPM like LGPT or framerate based "speed"?

JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

Will it have true BPM like LGPT or framerate based "speed"?

Only if I can get it to work. Even if I do get it to work, the fact of the matter is that BPM calculations on consoles like this aren't 100% accurate. There's a chance that the BPM on the tracker would be ever so slightly mismatched with the BPM of your favorite DAW  or other trackers. There's little that can be done about it if this is the case. But we'll see very soon, I might be able to find a way to avoid the accuracy issue that plagues other retro trackers.

New video added. Progress is coming along.

Michigan

7:50 is the shit!

Tokyo, Japan

Hmm Hmm, what is "operator 0 envelope?"

Adelaide, Australia

Nice update, but I strongly recommend that you add both a diagram of the current algorithm to show the carriers and modulators and as I mentioned earlier, ultimately a graphical display of the envelope, which I'm sure is possible. smile

Also, the readability of that graded red font on a black background might not be so great for numbers.

Tokyo, Japan
freezedream wrote:

Nice update, but I strongly recommend that you add both a diagram of the current algorithm to show the carriers and modulators

Totally agree with this, partly because Yamaha are not consistent in how they number their algorithms across chips, sometimes 1-8 sometimes 0-7. Also more to the point because the operators for the genesis are totally nuts.

Algo 0 is "4->2->3->1" wtf?

freezedream wrote:

Also, the readability of that graded red font on a black background might not be so great for numbers.

I would also agree with this!