PULSELOOPER wrote:

This is really cool. Any chance of putting PCM samples on that thing?

Not just yet of course, but when the tracker gets at a later stage DAC support will be added.

Keep the suggestions coming guys. We might even be able to do Mouse/Keyboard support.

Michigan
CountSymphoniC wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Not just yet of course, but when the tracker gets at a later stage DAC support will be added.

Keep the suggestions coming guys. We might even be able to do Mouse/Keyboard support.

With as much ROM and RAM space this will have allocated, there should be no problems adding numerous samples.

Alabama

Would you consider Mega CD expansion, where PCM WAV files could be burned to a disk (as well as YM2612 synth patches?). Would be awesome if we could get library support. I have a few good buddies of mine (Lazlopsylus, you may have seen him on SM) are on the forefront of Mode 1 and Mode 2 Mega CD utility.

MaxDolensky wrote:

Would you consider Mega CD expansion, where PCM WAV files could be burned to a disk (as well as YM2612 synth patches?). Would be awesome if we could get library support. I have a few good buddies of mine (Lazlopsylus, you may have seen him on SM) are on the forefront of Mode 1 and Mode 2 Mega CD utility.

I could consider it yes, that's not a bad idea at all. I will admit though that it wouldn't be for quite a while, at least until the Genesis side of YMDj is complete and stable. No estimates yet, as this project is still relatively fresh, but I will definitely keep that on a list of things to look into at a later stage.

Michigan

Whoa that color scheme looks fine as hell! And your synth editor is complex as hell!

Revo - wait for it - lutionary!

Jazzmarazz wrote:

Whoa that color scheme looks fine as hell! And your synth editor is complex as hell!

Revo - wait for it - lutionary!

The other idea I had for the Synth editor didn't work out as planned. But it's actually not all that bad once you play with the settings for a while. Besides, it sounds awesome as hell too!

Michigan

I have no doubt that it does. The YM is a beast.

Jazzmarazz wrote:

I have no doubt that it does. The YM is a beast.

The YM2612 is indeed a beast. I'm sitting here playing with the Synth editor right now and I'm just loving the incredible sound effects and instrument synth sounds I'm getting out of it. This tracker is turning out quite well, there's still so much work to do on it. Playback engine is coming up very soon.

Adelaide, Australia

The new screenshots looks great! Unfortunately I can't try this out at all right now. sad

One thing, though - it's great that you'll be implementing a display of the current envelope settings for each operator, but I think it would be nice to also display a diagram of the currently selected algorithm as well to make things easier to follow. That should be easier to implement, too as you can just store image data of each algorithm.

perth, WA

omg

*drools*

CountSymphoniC wrote:

Also, I had a talk with Delek about having inter-compatibility between Deflemask and YMDJ, and he's agreed to it. So, at a later stage you'll be able to write Genesis music on Deflemask, and transfer all of your songs and FM patches over to YMDJ on a Nomad, and write on the go. Of course if you want to take a break from the handheld/Genesis environment you'll also be able to transfer your songs and instruments over to Deflemask as well! I, for one am definitely looking forward to adding support for this.

This is so good to hear man! Especially for me being someone who wants to completely get away from using PCs to make music. Keep up the good work smile

CountSymphoniC wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

Ah!  Very much so smile

Another question I must ask though, are you going to implement something similar to groove from lsdj as well?  if so, that'll be pretty interesting to have both of those systems in place.

I can answer all questions similar to this with one answer. The idea is to meet the standard set by lsdj, and exceed it. Once I have the playback engine in place, I'll be able to start looking into groove. This will be a very powerful tracker once finished, that I can assure you.

If you have tables and grooves and can use the both in combination, you are a true number one hero in my creative life

The best thing about LSDJ is that with Grooves, you can have different channels using different ticks per line simultaneously. One channel at speed 6 with another channel on speed 5 at the exact same time. I haven't found a single other tracker that can do this yet. If YMDJ has this, oh man I'm getting so excited just thinking about this big_smile

I haven't thought about doing it that way yet, but now that you mention it. I'm trying to get started on the playback engine figuring out how to do the core timing, the way I'm understanding it, it seems simple to do different grooves per channel and sounds easy to implement. In code, every channel would be updated independently rather than all the channels at once. I'll keep this feature in mind for you my friend.

Los Angeles, CA
CountSymphoniC wrote:

I haven't thought about doing it that way yet, but now that you mention it. I'm trying to get started on the playback engine figuring out how to do the core timing, the way I'm understanding it, it seems simple to do different grooves per channel and sounds easy to implement. In code, every channel would be updated independently rather than all the channels at once. I'll keep this feature in mind for you my friend.

I could kiss you

Mrwimmer wrote:
CountSymphoniC wrote:

I could kiss you

x2

killadelphia
CountSymphoniC wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Mouse / Keyboard - wow yes pleez.  loading in other patches and samples is necessary too i suppose.  OMG i can't wait for this to get mo' developed.