Unsubscribe

if you dont want to mess with the code, jsut use the max patch editing program that comes in the zip and update it over midi. Couldnt be easier.

London, UK

thanks guys for all your input so far...

i have managed to get some sound out of the c64 now!

how do you send a note lower than C3? it seems the note option has a lowest value of C3 on LSDJ and the only way to get lower is playing with the Q command though then it is difficult to know which note you are playing....

Last edited by handbaked (Oct 28, 2014 2:35 pm)

Cleveland, Ohio

The way I get around the C3 limit is by making an instrument that uses a table with the Q offset set to an octave or two down. This also frees up the command column on the chain screen.

I had no idea LSDJ could be used as a MIDI sequencer...?!

IL, US

come on, i don't even use lsdj anymore i knew that... get with the times, man smile

London, UK
LazierGunz wrote:

The way I get around the C3 limit is by making an instrument that uses a table with the Q offset set to an octave or two down. This also frees up the command column on the chain screen.

ok, interesting. so if I assign say table 00 to the instrument i am using (also 00). What is then needed in the table, is it just something specific on the first line?

im not sure which q command is to drop an octave (or 2). My c64 can receive notes as low as C0 so entering a c3 note on lsdj and sending out a c0 note would be ideal....

Last edited by handbaked (Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm)

IL, US

dropping an octave would be QF4, if i remember correctly... 2 would be QE8 ?

London, UK
e.s.c. wrote:

QF4 outputs a note but QE8 is silent, in fact all QE range is silent. Is it also normal (once using a table) that the gaps between notes sounds as though the sound is being re-triggered?

Cleveland, Ohio
handbaked wrote:

QF4 outputs a note but QE8 is silent, in fact all QE range is silent. Is it also normal (once using a table) that the gaps between notes sounds as though the sound is being re-triggered?

I'll have to check that QE quirk. For the tables, make sure you use the hop command to prevent the table from looping, otherwise it will continue to re-trigger the note.

Los Angeles, CA
handbaked wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

Yes because it'll retrigger the q everytime it comes around.  You need to do something like this if you don't want it to re-trig

the H commands makes it so it doesn't loop around.

an0va wrote:

I had no idea LSDJ could be used as a MIDI sequencer...?!

Shameful.

dudes I make gameboy music

Cleveland, Ohio
an0va wrote:

dudes I make gameboy music

You could use the midi out to sequence mGB on another gameboy!

Cleveland, Ohio

Also, you could use the midi out to make fancy light shows via this thing:

http://highlyliquid.com/hl2012/blog/1165

Which is something I just might do.

IL, US

edit: wrong tab, oops

Last edited by e.s.c. (Oct 28, 2014 6:56 pm)