In May 2010 Israeli forces stormed Gaza aid ship. At least 9 people got killed after Israeli commandos stormed the convoy of ships carrying aid to the Gaza Strip. It happened about 64 km out to sea in international waters. The convoy defied a blockade imposed by Israel after Hamas won the election in Gaza 2007.

Chip to gaza pays homage to the murdered onboard the ship to gaza and to all victims of the occupation of Palestine. Artists from the chiptune community have taken their time and energy to contribute to this project freely in their honor.

All purchases for the chip to gaza collaboration will be donated to ship to gaza.

Postponed deadline, waiting for some important tracks, send in yours!! To participate send your song to: [email protected].

http://www.wang-electronics.com

Last edited by maggan (Jul 4, 2010 2:36 pm)

England

is this so the israelis can hate on chip music? tongue

Philly, PA, USA

oh no...

now politics will happen.

CHIPTUNE

Some of those Swedish pirate people just called me and suggested the same. So that would make it pirates against pirates!

Also, don't miss Shiptogaza.com - What you need, when you need it! Christian singles, russian women and discount travel.

Unsubscribe

Im just here to giggle at the world "wang".

banjarbaru, south borneo, INA

i would try to make one, and contributing for this.  thanks for ur great idea, maggan

YEAH! Great to see so many people in. Spread the word, we have about 5 songs already, I'll post info here as it happends.

Jakarta, Indonesia

i'm really, really, interest to join thi project !
i;m in !!!!!

There is still time left to deadline and send in your songs! smile

Dublin, Ireland

Trying to get a track finished off for this.
Recording to be done and my guitarist's being all elusive and shit though... hmm

FlashHeart

Can we try to get a few copies of this to the boys over at Hamas? They love music. And women. And gays. And secularism.

Last edited by Natty (Jun 24, 2010 3:19 am)

Philly, PA, USA
Natty wrote:

Can we try to get a few copies of this to the boys over at Hamas? They love music. And women. And gays. And secularism.

And western culture, don't forget that

Philly, PA, USA

EDIT: double post, oops

Last edited by pixls (Jun 25, 2010 12:53 am)

FlashHeart

Before anyone jumps all over me for this one, my point is this:

The post says "All purchases for the chip to gaza collaboration will be donated to ship to gaza."

That's pretty vague.

A while back a group of NYU students "occupied" the Kimmel Student Center (after students at the New School and Hunter College had done the same - of course, Columbia did it first in 68, when it REALLY meant something.) I went to the center to investigate. Although I couldn't sneak into the center itself to meet the students and ask them questions, I did talk to a few of the kids outside, including one who had been talking to someone who he claimed was inside the building on his cell phone.

Sadly, it was the usual confusion that passes for activism. Nobody was quite sure what their cause was, but it seemed vaguely defined as what calls itself the Left today: white men are responsible for all the crimes of the world, George W. Bush is more dangerous than Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein combined, Hamas and Hezbollah are fighting for the freedom of their people, and the answer lies somewhere in pacifism, organic vegetables, dressing like a bum, and driving a hybrid car. Stereotypes? Yeah, fair enough, I'll admit it. I'm generalizing too much here. But the point is: they didn't seem to really know what they were protesting. Their demands were all over the place, and it was a bit difficult to see exactly what crimes they thought NYU had anything to do with. This is aside from the fact that their methods of protest included breakdancing to the beastie boys while wearing a "Free Gaza" t-shirt and generally just being rather loud and ineloquent. Hardly the Communards movingly singing le Marsellaise from the rooftops.

One of their demands happened to be that they wanted NYU to donate money to the "University of Gaza," which had recently been bombed after it was confirmed that weapons were being stockpiled in one of its buildings. That was conveniently not mentioned. Nor was the fact that the school's full name is "The Islamic University of Gaza," offers courses in Sharia law, and was founded by one of the original leaders of Hamas who had put his signature to the group's openly anti-semitic charter which cites the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and demands nothing short of the total destruction of Israel.

Don't get me wrong: Israel is guilty of many crimes against the Palestinian people (as is Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, and many arab countries who refuse to take them in as refugees or give them any material support but prefer to use them as symbols of Jewish agression.) But Hamas is a cancer and probably the worst thing to happen to the Palestinian people's cause. And any kind of aid or benefit for Palestine should be accompanied by a 100% guarantee that not one red cent will be getting into the hands of Islamist fanatics.

Just saying. I guess I was bored and hadn't argued for a nuanced perspective on the issue for a long time.

tl;dr

Last edited by Natty (Jun 25, 2010 1:33 pm)

lolusa

How would you write a song and not come across like this?

Philly, PA, USA

Natty: thanks for spreading some truth! there are far too many people who are only willing to see one side, whether it be the Israeli or Palestinian side, and many of those are also so uninformed about the facts and don't really know what they're supporting.
also kind of called this

pixls wrote:

oh no...

now politics will happen.