Montreal, Canada

Have you ever woken up in the morning thinking "Damn I wish I owned all the Cheapbeats albums" ?
Or maybe "Damn I wish I could help people in need by giving them a pair of shoes for free" ?
Or even "Damn I wish I owned all the Cheapbeats albums and I wish I could help people in need to get shoes for free" ?
Or perhaps "Damn I wish I owned all the shoes from Cheapbeats and I wish I could get people in need for free" ?
How about "Damn shoe people, I wish Cheapbeats would own me for free" ?

Well, Cheapbeats has you covered for most of those. In two hours and some loose change, we're launching a big ass Cheapbeats exclusive bundle with Groupees. The ENTIRE Cheapbeats catalogue will be made available for PENNIES. If you rush ahead and pre-order now, you can get the entire collection for less than a cup of coffee.

There will also be prizes for the top contributors!

If you feel like acquiring some rad chipthings and participate in a charity at the same time... head over m'yar:

https://groupees.com/cb

South Korea

"Entire" catalogue? Where is HolyKonni's album? These records are all great, but one of cheapbeats' best releases is missing, imho.

Liverpool, UK

I think the wording on the page is slightly bigging up the charity aspect - a 20% donation is made to the charity if you tick the right box before you pay. It doesn't say where the other 80% is going towards - does it go to Cheapbeats? Does it go to Groupees? Do the artists involved get an equal share? Will it go towards more shows in Japan etc? Some more transparency wouldn't go amiss!

Montreal, Canada
DeerPresident wrote:

"Entire" catalogue? Where is HolyKonni's album? These records are all great, but one of cheapbeats' best releases is missing, imho.

It's one of the unlockable bonuses. It's been about to be unlocked just now. The only albums not part of the bundle are those that were already given away in previous bundles. Not our choice, it's because Groupees doesn't want to have dupes in their bundles.

calmdownkidder wrote:

I think the wording on the page is slightly bigging up the charity aspect - a 20% donation is made to the charity if you tick the right box before you pay. It doesn't say where the other 80% is going towards - does it go to Cheapbeats? Does it go to Groupees? Do the artists involved get an equal share? Will it go towards more shows in Japan etc? Some more transparency wouldn't go amiss!

I'm not too sure how to respond to that...err... accusatory tone? Groupees is a well established bundle thingamabob, and the way they work is well documented on their website. The Cheapbeats bundle isn't any different from any other bundles they make.

As for transparency...well, I don't want to call you an idiot but maybe you should take a bit of time to think before asking questions with obvious answers. Let's see...

It doesn't say where the other 80% is going towards
- If 20% goes to charity, then the other 80% is going to NOT charity.

Does it go to Groupees?
- Very few companies make a living by not charging for their services.

Do the artists involved get an equal share?
- The way Cheapbeats pays its artists is absolutely none of your business and concerns only label and its artists. Suffice to say that if our artists didn't find our deal fair, they wouldn't be with us. Cheapbeats has been active for about a year now, and in that time the label made a whopping zero dollar off of anyone's back. In fact, it's been costing money.

Why the snarky insulting tone?
- Because I've spent months getting this bundle prepared. I've made sure we gave away extra remixes, and new songs and previously unavailable source files. Months, to prepare a bundle that gives away all our catalog and some extras, for 3$. Three. Measly. Dollars. Only to have someone on this forum, who most likely won't even buy the bundle anyway, put the label's integrity in question by asking for "transparency".

Last edited by n00bstar (Nov 13, 2014 12:01 am)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

YEAH James stop asking questions and give them your money

Montreal, Canada

Only 17 hours left to get the bundle for less money than you'd spend on a back alley handjob by a hairy hobo!