Dallas, Texas

Would there actually an an interest in Zelda carts though? I mean I now have 25 nrom carts ready and waiting for a project. I will make it if theres interest. I have 7 songs finished in the nsf format and about 5 more inside ableton waiting me to transcribe into mml. It will depend on how many I can make memory efficient enough to all fit inside the 32k allotted.

My current nsf track list is:

Midna's Lament
Song of Storms
Market
Deku Tree
Dragon Roost Island (in the works)
Great Fairy Fountain
Lost Woods
Kikori Forest

And my tracks pending trancribing are:
Kaepora Gaebora's Theme
Oath to Order
Tal-Tal Hights
Minish Village
Majora's Mask Title Theme

Brunswick, GA USA
nitro2k01 wrote:
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

Most people aren't trying to make money off of this and there have been lawsuits for use of nyancat. Copyright infringement is copyright infringement regardless of "cultural canon."

Anyway this guy is trying to make money off of a copyrighted character and hoping nobody notices. How is this apples and oranges?

What you were asking about in the original post was not legality, but why people are outraged by one thing and not another. That's what I was answering.

There is a part of me thinking Torres is a douche canoe for appropriating a song that wasn't his, even if he did send it to worldwide fame, but we can't have other people making money off of a pop tart cat, can we?

arlen wrote:

Wasn't some zelda dubstep remix comp one of bandcamp's top selling releases?

Selling covers is risky unless you're like a bar band. I doubt Nintendo would bat an eye, but who knows.

I'm talking about the hundreds of people selling Nintendo related plushes, posters, paintings, etc. around the world

chunter wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

What you were asking about in the original post was not legality, but why people are outraged by one thing and not another. That's what I was answering.

There is a part of me thinking Torres is a douche canoe for appropriating a song that wasn't his, even if he did send it to worldwide fame, but we can't have other people making money off of a pop tart cat, can we?

AFAIK he only owns the image - I don't think he was the one that created the meme and/or put the song on top

Brunswick, GA USA
an0va wrote:

AFAIK he only owns the image - I don't think he was the one that created the meme and/or put the song on top

That is correct, I just took a moment to reeducate myself.

It still strikes me funny to think about how that all turned out, and remember what I was up to at the time.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:31 am)

SLC, UT

I'd love to hear a Zelda cover album. I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue. Nintendo only cares about copyright when you're trying to make a sequel to Chrono Trigger.