Bucks County, PA

I've hit a wall guys... I'm at a loss....

I sent off for a bunch of custom ArduinoBoy boards I designed, and have been using them for a while.. I've gotten the assembly to work with my keyboard on and off, but have had zero luck with the Max editor.

I've been working with a M-Audio Uno USB to MIDI In/Out, and version 7 of Max.

I've tried both (the special version of) LSDJ, and mGB.

I'm almost positive my wiring is correct, and that the boards work. (they're based of trash80's ol' scematic, and factor for nitro's fix)

I'm using an Arduino Pro Mini 5v, and optocouplers from Mouser, both seem fine...?

Along with the internal ArduioBoy, I also have LTC1799 bending the GameBoy-- I thought maybe this could be eating up too much power, but even without it I couldn't get it to work..

The lights will blink to LSDJ songs, and switch though modes just fine

I really know nothing about Max, should I play with the settings?

oh boy....

Any advice would be appreciated! I've been putting off asking for help for a while now, but I'm out of things to try....

Thanks!!

Unsubscribe

Did you also do the fix in the schematic  for the swapped cables on the midi in?
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/190093/#p190093

Max should simply work, so id focus on your circuit.

Bucks County, PA

Wait, are you talking about the link cable pins?

They should look like this right?

I recall reversing the MIDI In pins at some point too, but that didn't do it..

EDIT: okay, actually looked at your link now hmm I'll be trying a couple of things! Expect an update!

Last edited by DipSwitch (Nov 16, 2014 8:14 pm)

Bucks County, PA

Can anyone confirm the diagram above? I'm still trying with little luck.... Knowing I have that right gives me one less thing to worry about!!

This diagram?

The wiring for A0, A1 and A2 is correct. However you should also wire the ground pin of the Arduino the ground of the Game Boy, which is not shown in your diagram.

Try checking your wiring for MIDI IN and OUT ports. The Max patch needs both in order to work correctly.