Hey gang -
Flashing ROMs onto the EMS64 cart via terminal on mac os is super awesome! But I can't seem to flash multiple ROMs onto either bank. Anyone figure this out? The lackluster.whatever website for ems-flasher talks about the ems cart as being great due to its large ROM storage capabilities, I'd be shocked to find out that the same person didn't code in the ability to utilize it.

Thanks!

the lackluser.whatever version works, but i believe it specifically mentions that he/she hasn't written multirom support yet. would google, read, and properly quote, but i'm lazy.

I use this fork that has multirom support: https://github.com/Drienn/ems-flasher
it uses the new menu from motzilla with its nive save management feature, making it better than the official software in my opinion. it also seems to flash faster than the original software in my experience. never tried it on osx myself, but it should work the same.

Hmm. I can't seem to get it to compile in OS X 10.9. I really wish I could get it to do so though! Maybe you'd be nice enough to put your install directory on drive and share it with me? A working built repo would be nice to look at.

ftp://cammykool.com/ems-flasher-multirom.tar.bz2

link should work, but its a windows server, and i hate windows, so.... cross your fingers when downloading
my source dir with binaries for x86_64 linux.

I've also built it for the nokia n900. its fun to flash from my phone while on the bus or something.

Last edited by tvall (Nov 20, 2014 10:56 pm)

Weird. I get error "ems-flasher: cannot execute binary file"
Could be because I didn't compile it myself.

Thanks for your effort, I appreciate the help.

Ohhhh. Linux. Gotcha. Yeah, it should work, but won't. Has to be a mac version of the binary. Drat!
I'm definitely close. Getting lots of weird errors, looking for libusb.h file as an include in a certain format in ems.c, when I do what the error tells me to do, it fails more spectacularly. Anyone else have a built working version of this ems-flasher-master for OS X?

Last edited by 8bitDAD (Nov 21, 2014 12:07 am)

SLC, UT

Nitro2k01 wrote a version of little FM that supports multirom. So on mine, I've got LSDJ, then mgb and some other quick roms (tetris).

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/03/04 … fects-you/

you could also do it manually with the lacklustre.net version. just use cat to combine the menu with your roms, paying attention to alighnment, and flash to a bank. the ems-flasher fork i linked does that for you, so its less work. the littlefm with ems multirom doesnt do save management, so its only good for lsdj and small utilities that dont touch sram.

also, i could be messing up on some details. if anyone sees anything i said wrong, please correct me.

I fail at Mac.

But then this likely isn't a Mac problem: in attempting to patch LSDJ, I get the message " Error! Could not find a free ROM bank to place LittleFM in! Try removing one kit!

How do I remove kits? Can it be done within LSDJ?

Sweeeeeeden

Use this thing: https://code.google.com/p/lsdpatch/
Though not sure if removing a kit using that will actually free up the memory in a way that my code can detect. but try it.

i'm struggling with it wishing i just got a second drag n derp but i couldnt afford it