Haven't seen anything posted on this, so I figured I'd start a thread. Looks like some people are rebooting famicompo. Starting Dec 1st to the 31st you can submit as many songs as you want to 3 different catergories (Original, Cover, or Freestyle). A select few will be pressed onto an NES cartridge and sold, but this is limited to 2a03-only submissions.

The freestyle category seems interesting. The only rule seems to be to incorporate the 2a03 into whatever you want and submit an mp3.

More info:
http://bitpuritans.eu/compo/

I've always loved Famicompo so this is pretty exciting to me! If I get the time I may even try to submit a song or two. What about you guys? Any thoughts?

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:35 pm)

Dallas, Texas

Sweeet! Firing up mah MML!

Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, I'm gonna have to do at least one for each category.

UK, Leicester

deffo going to enter a cover or two, I'm really going to try over the next month and see if I can make a worthy original composition for this

Feryl wrote:

So it's not limited to Famitracker? I've been using 2a03 samples for at least two years now...

Famicompo has never been limited to Famitracker, just limited to .nsf entries until this one. I recall a few past famicompo songs not even being possible with Famitracker (i.e. multiple expansion chips at once). Though I think you can pull that off with some sort of hack now.

Unsubscribe

Unless you can convert your 2a03 samples into nsfs you are out of luck.

Brighton/Southampton
herr_prof wrote:

True. You'd have to enter it in the Freestyle category. Although, it'd be worth giving IT2NSF a shot if you're making a module file with them.

And yeah, Famicompo has never been limited to Famitracker; you could use anything so long as the end product was an nsf file

Last edited by Fearofdark (Nov 24, 2014 8:25 pm)

arlen wrote:

The freestyle category seems interesting. The only rule seems to be to incorporate the 2a03 into whatever you want and submit an mp3.

IIRC it involves that the majority of the song is 2A03, and that it plays from start to finish.

TX

my love for the 2A03 grows daily & i will - nay, must - enter this competition

Brunswick, GA USA
herr_prof wrote:

S3M2NSF did just that, and was the start of the wave of western entries. At first it was pretty much all MMCK as I understood.

Oklahoma City, OK

Hi everyone, I wanted to bump this to boost attention. Submission period is now OPEN! Good luck to all who enter (I'm going to try my best too) smile

barf

hey y'all! i'm runnin the compo this year, if you've got any questions feel free to pm/ask me on twitter (i'm @kayfaraday)

: D best of luck~!

Seattle, WA

oh man oh man oh man

United Kingdom

YES, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS OH MY GOD

Seattle, WA

FULL PANIC MODE ACTIVATED