Chicago, IL

I thought I'd ask here although it's a big off-topic, I figured at least some would have overlapping interests with me.

My wife and I wanted to go to a Comicon type event but I don't even know where to start looking. We are very into retro video games (we don't own any modern systems), sci fi (star wars/star trek) but not so much comics, so we were trying to figure out if there is something that encapsulates more than one of these things in the midwest area (we're in Chicago) or if Comicon would be of interest to us (knowing like nothing about comics). Googling gave me a bunch of obscure Chicago events that I'm not sure would even be worth going to...

Minneapolis, MN

well, there is always MAGFest!

Abandoned on Fire

Here's a good place to start: http://www.wizardworld.com/

My wife and I went to a Wizard con last year (or early this year, can't remember) and it was sweet.  Got our picture with Matt Smith!!  big_smile   Also met James O'Barr and a bunch of other cool actors etc.  Highly recommended!

Detroit

Wellllll you JUST missed ConAltDelete in Chicago...   MAGfest would be your best bet but it's in DC.

Philly

MAGFest++

Brunswick, GA USA

Is Duckon still a thing?

I've been to about 3 conventions my whole life because they're always held on weekends when I can't leave work. Wherever you decide, book early if you can, if you can't it's okay to stay in an alternate hotel.

Chicago, IL

Thanks all this is super helpful!!