Spokane, WA

Looking for artists in the Spokompton area to collab and learn from. I utilize LSDJ on the Gameboy mostly and would be interested in expanding in theory and live music. I am proficient with guitar and mostly utilize octave chords, minor pentatonic, dorian and lydian #2 scales and mostly pull from blues, punk, prog and ambiance heavy music. Some of my favorite bands are QOTSA, Animal Collective, The Melvins and MSI. Looking forward to hearing from anyone in this neck of the woods!

TX

Man, if only you'd posted this, like, 5 years ago... I grew up in CDA. Maybe things have changed but the "music scene" was pretty sleepy up there when I left. Good luck finding folks.

Just posting cuz it's kinda surreal to see this thread at all, I guess.

Spookane, Warshington

Never in my life would I have thought another user from Spokane would pop up on cm.o...
As far as I know, I think myself and another user (Kremland) are the only Spokanites on here.

Seems like you already know more than I do about music theory... So I don't know how much I could help... hehe...
How long have you been in Spokane?

Spokane, WA
Brother Android wrote:

Man, if only you'd posted this, like, 5 years ago... I grew up in CDA. Maybe things have changed but the "music scene" was pretty sleepy up there when I left. Good luck finding folks.

Just posting cuz it's kinda surreal to see this thread at all, I guess.

The music scene is pretty still pretty limited. A few coffee shops have open mics and a few game stores in town have talked about the possibility of doing a show.

Whenever I go to a show I'm usually hopping to The Hop or to a friends' house show.

Spokane, WA
199X wrote:

Never in my life would I have thought another user from Spokane would pop up on cm.o...
As far as I know, I think myself and another user (Kremland) are the only Spokanites on here.

Seems like you already know more than I do about music theory... So I don't know how much I could help... hehe...

I don't have a whole natural flow when it comes to music though, other than the scales and rhythms the rest of music theory is lost on me.... I'm mostly trying to get a hand on lsdj and there are usually only patch tutorials and advanced tutorials and no intermediary stuff.

Seattle, WA US

I srsly approve of this thread

Seattle, WA US

Also seriously miss Coeur D'Alene :^( I used to go to wrestling camps at North Idaho when I was younger and loved it

lolusa

would loooooove to play a show in spokane

Spokane, WA
199X wrote:

I moved up here little over a year ago from Boise area. Still trying to network and figure this place out. Btw, how is the snowfall over there right now? it's friggin gross here.

Spokane, WA
ovenrake wrote:

would loooooove to play a show in spokane

You from the area or hereabouts?

Spokane, WA
boaconstructor wrote:

Also seriously miss Coeur D'Alene :^( I used to go to wrestling camps at North Idaho when I was younger and loved it

I'm a perma-Idahoan, I've been to a few states other than here and enjoyed my time there but I just can't give up the trees and mountains, I went to a few basketball camps in Gonzaga when I was younger and now I live up here.

Spokompton

Wow, I can't believe this thread exists. Haven't been to this site in ages but just popped in to see if there were any LGPT developments.

I've been in Spokane for like 10 years. I'm kind of a recluse but I've been making a habit of at least coming out from under my rock when the Inlander Volume festival goes down in the summer. I don't know of any chip-minded people really. I saw a video game cover band over the summer but that was about it.

I once did a meager amount of LSDJ stuff myself but my stuff is weird and I haven't done any chip stuff in a long time. More Elektron-oriented lately, when I have the time/inclination for tunes. However I just found out my company is probably moving to the valley and realizing the ridiculous bus commute would be a good chance to dust off LGPT and maybe LSDJ if I don't end up buying one of those Electribe samplers when they come out.

Anyway I'd be up for hanging out and talking shop sometime.

Also hi ovenrake! Miss you buddy, I still think about that fun night we had w/ Chris, John & Jake in T-town! Please do play a show in Spokane sometime!

lolusa
Stim93 wrote:

I'm originally from tacoma, nowhere nearby, and i live on the east coast now, so whaddya gonna do? I visit often, and always looking for shows though.

undergroundclouds wrote:

Also hi ovenrake! Miss you buddy, I still think about that fun night we had w/ Chris, John & Jake in T-town! Please do play a show in Spokane sometime!

so outrageous, i think about it all the time too! miss ya 2 cool

Boise, ID

I'm down in Boise but I'd happily make the trip for a show !

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Jan 27, 2015 5:24 am)

Tacoma, WA
ovenrake wrote:
Stim93 wrote:

I'm originally from tacoma, nowhere nearby, and i live on the east coast now, so whaddya gonna do? I visit often, and always looking for shows though.

undergroundclouds wrote:

so outrageous, i think about it all the time too! miss ya 2 cool

I am in the same boat man, in NY right now because of work, but wishin' I was back in Tacoma.