Im getting frustrated trying to build one and was wondering if anyone has one lying around they'd be interested in selling. Thanks!

United States

Where are you located? If you've 100% given up I'll fix yours at no cost, but you really should try posting a photo in your thread first, it would help a lot.

The wiring is a mess. I used wires form the NES cable I took apart so that may be part of the issue. I'll have 30 awg stranded wire soon so that's when im going to retry it. I have seperate little pcbs for the leds, the midi in, and one for power then they all connect to their parts on the arduino pro mini. Aside from the arduino I ordered enough parts to make two incase I had to redo it so im going go get another perf board tomorrow and put it all on one board and just have wires linking the parts needed. Im sketching up how im going to put it together now otherwise im just going to try and buy one. The arduinoboy will work with a gameboy pocket right? I was testing it with my modded pocket and a mGB PROM cart I ordered from kitsch-bent. I would post photos but it's a wired mess. If the next try fails I'll post photos but then I plan on buying one from
Someone. I just figured i would try to build one since the parts were dirt cheap. Im located in North Eastern indiana.

United States

messy shit can can still work. try it again, post a photo. messy wiring is the last thing people should be embarrassed about that gets posted on here.

I'll mess with it again tomorrow but I figure if anything it's due to not using new wire. Tomorrow I'll post pics of what I end up with and go from there. If I cant get it to work what kind of deal could we work out?

Boner wrote:

messy shit can can still work. try it again, post a photo. messy wiring is the last thing people should be embarrassed about that gets posted on here.

Here are the photos I took if you want any more ask but for now im done with it. Maybe I damaged the arduino when I was desoldering it idk part of it looks like I may have so unless you wanna have a go i may order another pro mini and see if I damaged it. I don't have much of a way to test what's damaged or not aside from maybe with an led I'll gove it a shot after I reply.

http://imgur.com/a/FGSIa

EDIT:

Ive officially called it quits. maybe ill reorder the parts and try again but at this time im done messing with it. I feel like ive wasted hours and money. Thankfully not a lot of money. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? or would someone build one for me? Does it matter that im trying to use it with mGB on my gameboy pocket? if thats an issue as well Ill try desoldering my cable and using the one from the four player adapter I have lying around with my DMG. I hope someone can help me out. The only Arduinoboy I can find for sale is the NES controller one from thursday customs and im not really in a position to spend 140$. feel free to reply or PM me if you can help me out thanks!

Last edited by Sphirexx (Dec 29, 2014 5:53 am)