UK

Does anyone know how to contact 8bitpeoples?

Got some artwork and example of tracks I'd like to send privately as a proposal/demo though there's little contact details available and I'm not in contact with anyone who used to be part of it so I thought I'd ask here instead.

Thanks.

Unsubscribe

http://www.8bitpeoples.com/demo-policy

Brooklon

nailed it

l.o.l.

Minneapolis, MN

It's like contacting the illuminati, you don't contact them when needed, they contact you when needed!

Unsubscribe

Not trying to be mean, but they have their hands full enough !

UK
herr_prof wrote:

Haha no worries, noticed they've had that demo-policy link for years. Couldn't help notice releases still get put through it though.

Always wondered what kind of process they go through. I bet it has to be that you've got to know someone inside or as Teomawki said earlier be contacted by them.

EDIT:-Grammar

Last edited by CS (Dec 31, 2014 8:17 am)

Seattle, WA
CS wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Haha no worries, noticed they've had that demo-policy link for years. Couldn't help notice releases still get put through it though.

Always wondered what kind of process they go through. I bet it has to be that you've got to know someone inside or as Teomawki said earlier be contacted by them.

Again, they do it illuminati style. If you're missing demos off of your computer and you keep thinking you're seeing something out of the corner of your eye that means your release is already up.

Last edited by Dire Hit (Dec 31, 2014 5:05 pm)

Clermont-Ferrand, France
Dire Hit wrote:
CS wrote:

Again, they do it illuminati style. If you're missing demos and your computer and you keep thinking you're seeing something out of the corner of your eye that means your release is already up.

Hahaha perfect.

Milwaukee, WI
CS wrote:

I bet it has to be that you've got to know someone inside or as Teomawki said earlier be contacted by them.

I cannot speak for 8bp, but sometimes release queues take a while to purge; especially when there is actual quality control.

Brooklyn NY US

Hey — I can speak to this to some extent. Sorry A: for any confusion, and more importantly, B: if 8bitpeoples' demo policy sends the wrong message. I can understand how it might.

We manage 8bitpeoples in our spare time — spare time that's shared with our other projects & commitments and all that — and over the years we've just found that open submissions just didn't really make sense for the scale at which we operate, or for the relatively modest amount of time we allocate to the label. In the past when we've tried it, we always ended up with a logjam of stuff waiting to be listened to, which pissed off submitters and made us feel like jerks. It was never a deluge, but it was enough to require more attention than two dudes running a netlabel for fun were really able or willing to commit to.

So even though I think open submissions are a great idea, and even though by opting not to have them, we've probably missed out on great acts we didn't previously know about — we've just found that approaching the artists we encounter or discover as fans/enthusiasts ourselves has been a more natural fit for the scale & pace of the label. It's not a perfect strategy, but it's a decent balance (and I think probably not so different from the way most labels do things). Anyway I hope this makes some sense and I hope this humanizes what may otherwise inadvertently come across like some sort of stony silence or indifference to talent.

Chicago IL
Bit Shifter wrote:

Hey — I can speak to this to some extent. Sorry A: for any confusion, and more importantly, B: if 8bitpeoples' demo policy sends the wrong message. I can understand how it might.

We manage 8bitpeoples in our spare time — spare time that's shared with our other projects & commitments and all that — and over the years we've just found that open submissions just didn't really make sense for the scale at which we operate, or for the relatively modest amount of time we allocate to the label. In the past when we've tried it, we always ended up with a logjam of stuff waiting to be listened to, which pissed off submitters and made us feel like jerks. It was never a deluge, but it was enough to require more attention than two dudes running a netlabel for fun were really able or willing to commit to.

So even though I think open submissions are a great idea, and even though by opting not to have them, we've probably missed out on great acts we didn't previously know about — we've just found that approaching the artists we encounter or discover as fans/enthusiasts ourselves has been a more natural fit for the scale & pace of the label. It's not a perfect strategy, but it's a decent balance (and I think probably not so different from the way most labels do things). Anyway I hope this makes some sense and I hope this humanizes what may otherwise inadvertently come across like some sort of stony silence or indifference to talent.

this guy knows what he's talking about!

that was a good post, bit shifter seems like a good person

Tokyo, Japan

You told me I had to leave a purple cross in chalk on a mail box in NY without telling me which one it was!

I have been chalking mailboxes for years in hope...

IL, US
Lazerbeat wrote:

You told me I had to leave a purple cross in chalk on a mail box in NY without telling me which one it was!

I have been chalking mailboxes for years in hope...

the cross was supposed to be inverted, silly

Unsubscribe

dude check your hobo signs
http://www.worldpath.net/~minstrel/hobosign.htm