United States

I bought lsdj today and while I await the cartridge's arrival, I thought I'd mess with it on an emulator. I'm using the gameboy emulator gambatte on linux. I entered in some notes on the phrase screen and have a chain on the song screen but in the project screen I don't see a save button anywhere O_O Am I missing something...?

Use the emulator to save the state

france

I use gambatte sdl svn r309 an old one I think.
Lsdj 3.7.4 old one too.
It run on a Debian 64 bit kernel 3.2.0-4.
I have a LSDJ.gb file and a LSDJ.sav In the same folder has the gambatte_sdl binary ( gambatte was build from the svn so I copy it there ).
The sav file size is 128k.

I have not tweak anything IIRC.
I can use the save file, I don't use the save state.

Last edited by yoyz2k (Jan 4, 2015 3:03 pm)

france

I have another binary the gambatte r550 binary.
On this one I don't have the "save" in the project screen....

So i think you should try another gambatte binary.

United States

I tried to build some older versions from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gambatt … /gambatte/ but they won't compile on gentoo. There was some error with the code or something, but I'm not sure how to fix that. I guess I can try the one older version of gambatte from the gentoo repos or just use save states.

Edit: Nope, doesn't make a difference on the slightly older version, guess I'll be save stating.

Last edited by IceWolf (Jan 4, 2015 4:39 pm)

Brighton

You won't be able to move the save states to the cart though sad

Abandoned on Fire

Use BGB instead of gambatte.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12730 … -20141018/

Australia

I've had much the same problem. I used to use Gambatte more than my real Game Boy, but when I installed the latest version there was no load/save screen on my Mac or PC. I solved it by getting the older PC version that I still had on my hard drive and installing the OSX equivalent on my Mac, and it all works now. I'm not sure if it'll work for you on Linux, but good luck.

brp wrote:

I've had much the same problem. I used to use Gambatte more than my real Game Boy, but when I installed the latest version there was no load/save screen on my Mac or PC. I solved it by getting the older PC version that I still had on my hard drive and installing the OSX equivalent on my Mac, and it all works now. I'm not sure if it'll work for you on Linux, but good luck.

Which old version number works with 128kb sav files?

Australia
Jono-60 wrote:
brp wrote:

Which old version number works with 128kb sav files?

I think I downloaded version 0.5.0.