UK

Has anyone had any freeze/freezing issues with LSDj? Particularly higher tempos and when using chains which contain a lot of tables, kits and notes all at once?

I think it's to do with a memory or processing overload/error so I thought I'd ask on here and wondered if there were ways around it.

I checked here and read that it's to do with how much information is being put through. Though I wondered if there were other ways around than stripping down a track itself in order for it to operate.

In relation to my question:- I've been making a track which variates between around 130bpm and 200 though whenever I use two sample kits at 200 it just freezes up completely and the only way I can stop it is by switching it off which shouldn't be right.

It only freezes up at a high tempo when the chain with the custom kit plays so I think it's something to with that.

I remember reading a post on 8bc I think at the time discussing  a similar issue about it and how changing to the Groove is possibly a way around it.

Unsubscribe

Run it on a GBC or GBA system will help. Also consider upgrading to later versions of LSDJ as they are much better at CPU heavy tasks. Doing lots of Sample Manipulation is one of the most CPU heavy tasks you can do.

UK
herr_prof wrote:

Run it on a GBC or GBA system will help. Also consider upgrading to later versions of LSDJ as they are much better at CPU heavy tasks. Doing lots of Sample Manipulation is one of the most CPU heavy tasks you can do.

Thanks for the info, didn't know a GBA/GBC could help run it a bit easier or that the version of LSDj could also help.  Think I've got version 5.05, unless it's been updated since then again. I'll give these a try.

mistake

Last edited by TetrisEffect (Jan 5, 2015 12:35 am)