Link Here:  http://www.ninstrument.com/?page_id=1758

Special Discount codes for CMO peeps for an additional $5.00 off.

Use the following codes at check out.

BennVennDISC64

BennVennDISC256

Promo codes expire on end of day FRIDAY.

Prices with discount and free shipping included:

64MB Cart & Reader $45.00

256MB Cart & Reader $55.00

Minneapolis, MN

The deals on this website are harder on my wallet than a steam sale!

Baja California

man, if I knew this was gonna happen I could buy you a flasher but I already invested my money. maybe nextime wink

Detroit

holy shit

Detroit

Is it possible to get two carts and one reader?

Yep, PM me and I can set you up big_smile

Puerto Rico

Do these readers work with any other carts?

Australia

Functioning as a reader, yes. They will read the ROM or the save files of just about any cart. They can also write Save files to any carts they can read them from, including commercial game carts.

They are designed to only write to my 64M and 256M carts. I have experimental firmware which allows writing to the old Bung/Mr Flash carts though this is not included in the current model, and is unlikely to make it into future updates unless there is a lot of demand for it

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Any chance of a firmware update for 128K SRAM support? LSDJ without project saving is a bit annoying. I know you can load multiple instances of LSDJ but I prefer running it in a more standard configuration.

Australia

Yes, the firmware can read and write 128K for whatever carts you currently use. My 64M and 256M carts have their limitations though, and that is the 32K limitation

Puerto Rico
BennVenn wrote:

Functioning as a reader, yes. They will read the ROM or the save files of just about any cart. They can also write Save files to any carts they can read them from, including commercial game..

That's all I need, convenient .sav reading and writing! Does the 32k limit mean lsdj can't save projects at all? Or just that the memory space for each instance of lsdj is reduced?

Xuriik wrote:

Or just that the memory space for each instance of lsdj is reduced?

Just reduced.  But you can have 16 separate instances of LSDJ on the 256M card.  Each with their own .sav, so there is plenty of room.

***Reminder to everyone, LAST DAY OF PROMO OFFER!***

matt's mind

there is a blurb on the LSDJ wiki about the RAM size limitations and what it means, this seems to be somewhat confusing to folks.  copy/pasta typos included:

"
'Q:' What are the compatibility considerations to be aware of, regarding different models of transfer devices and different brands and types of cartridges?

'A:' 'Cartridges:' The cartridge ROM size should be 8 Mbit (Possibly 4 Mbit if you're ok with using an old version) This is usually no problem since most carts have more than that. As for RAM you need 32 kbytes to run LSDj, and to be able to use the file system, you need 128 kbytes. Many carts do not have 128 kbytes of RAM, so watch out! Also, some carts do have 128 kbytes of RAM, but do not support acess to all of it at the same time. In this case yo can have four copies of LSDj each with one song, but with no access to file saving.
"

in short:  filesystem will be disabled without 128K, each 32K sav is enough for one song.  so 16 songs on the 256M cart, for example, assuming you used all the slots for LSDJ savs.

The strength of these carts is you can get multiple 32K Sav's.  So you can have a Sav for presets for mGB, have a couple of instances of LSDJ, have FaderFox with it's own Sav, have a few FatASS's with their own seperate Sav's, etc...  There are other ROM's other than LSDJ big_smile

matt's mind

yes, i was just hoping to help clarify the other's questions regarding how this impacted LSDJ, specifically

unrelated: is there a screencap of the menu, or how savs are chosen in-console?  i'm curious how it might compare to the mottzilla multi-sav program for ems carts, as this would be the platform many people may be familiar with at this point.  learning curve type stuff... 

compared/contrasted.  to that and i suppose to LFM, at least in terms of in-console management or what appears on-screen.  like, GUI and ease-of-operation and things.

No worries, and thank you for the clarification.  Here is a screenshot of the menu using an emulator.  Display's 10 titles at a time per screen.  100 titles max.  You advance screens using the D-pad.  Hope this helps.