Chicago, IL

Hey guys,
When I did the Rubicon soundtrack I got some awesome remixes done by Sleeptimejesse and inverse phase. It really added some variety to the album. I'd like to extend the offer to do some remixes of my next OST to any who may be interested. I will give a % of the sales to all who contribute remixes, PM me for details on how I divide it up. 

Since these are commissioned works I already got paid for and it's just kind of a added bonus/publicity for my client, don't expect like huge amounts of money since it will be pay what you want on band camp. This is more a chance to just remix something and get it out there. Take it or leave it really.

Here's a roughly mixed preview of about half the tracks in the upcoming game (which I can't reveal details on at this time).

https://soundcloud.com/rjdj/cn-preview-reel/s-wwKZd

For technical side, there are full MIDIs of every song, and I will provide any stems of the instruments I made for the originals that you'd like. The tracks are mostly done using Plogue chip sounds with a few pads from Massive and various other sources. Its sort of like 'chip as a lead instrument' with some more modern sounds backing it up.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED HERE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1jgzc7th3hrp … s.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find folders with:

album rough draft - not fully mastered version of the original tracks so you can hear how the pieces go together
folder for each track - some of the drum stems are just 1 stem with all the drums, if you really need them separated, I can do that.
each folder contains a midi, the bpm for the song's stems is in the title of the track.

When you are ready to submit, send me a dropbox link to [email protected] (yes there is supposed to be an S)

most of the songs are in the same key intentionally, and there are some recurring themes, especially in the last level (lava) which has a sort of minor scale of the level 1 theme mixed with section of the lab theme's melody.

Last edited by BeatScribe (Apr 8, 2015 6:21 pm)

Seattle, WA

I'll bite. This could be fun.

Utah

I'm pretty interested. Any deadline?

Chicago, IL

few months really. game is still in progress but playable beta is looking good. i'll be honest its not a especially original game, but it has amazing voice acting and some unique elements.  there seems to be quite a bit of interest, so i'll put together a package of all the midis and stems...

Last edited by BeatScribe (Feb 10, 2015 6:31 pm)

Seems like fun.  I'm in.

Chicago, IL

Cool! Had a good response here and in PMs so I'm gonna put together a big ol drop box of all the stems and midis and people can decide whichever ones they want to remix. Thanks for the support guys! I think it'll be a lot of fun!

Chicago, IL

Looks like i won't get to bouncing all the stems today, but subscribe to this thread or msg me and i'll finish them when I'm back in town monday.

Chicago, IL

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0tjp9le99nfv … N.zip?dl=0

I managed to get the MIDI and a draft of the album up. Stems will have to wait until next week. Any questions let me know.

IL, US

i might mess with this when the stems are available

Interesting.. Am I in time?

Chicago, IL

Not too late..I'd say rough deadline is two months. I'll post the stems probably Tuesday when I get off the road.

Puerto Rico

I'll do something.

I'd like to contribute, if possible!

Chicago, IL

Thanks for the interest all. I should be able to post the stems tomorrow.

Olympia, WA

I'd like to participate as well~

Chicago, IL

Stems uploading now...I'll post all the details in a bit!

Few rules/guidelines:

1. The final album will have each track looping 1.5-2 times, the tracks are about 2 minutes long loops, so keep your songs under 5 minutes so things flow well.

2. I will master the whole thing for loudness and consistency at the end, so please include in your final delivery, your own mastered version (if you want) and a un-maximized version as a 16 or 24 bit WAV with at least -4dB headroom (this means your song doesn't go above -4d at it's loudest point). You CAN do other things that are often associated with mastering, like harmonic exciting, master reverb, stereo imaging/widening, etc. What I'm asking is that your song isn't compressed to a -0dB block of sound. Do not apply dithering either. I will dither it when making it into it's final mp3 form.

3.  It's an all ages game, so any content/samples you add to the songs should be PG or I'm sure the game's creator wouldn't approve.

4. I want it to be fair so any sales will be split by %, i.e. if the album has 10 songs and you did one, you get 10% of every sale. If we get a huge amount, I might make a separate remix album going by the same rules (obviously my original tracks would make up a good % if they're all together).

5. Myself and the client reserve the right not to use any remix on the OST album, but you own the rights to use them anywhere you'd like, you can post them on soundcloud, put them on your own band camp albums. The client is being very cool about this just being a bonus and fun thing for musicians that may or may not get him some publicity.

Last edited by BeatScribe (Feb 18, 2015 1:39 pm)