Wanted to share my first experience with this cart
i am really happy with this card/writer combo
I ordered it from chris at http://www.ninstrument.com/ who has been really helpful, it arrived to the uk well packaged
I’m running osx on a hackingtosh so setup a win7 virtual box (I know sounds backwards)  to flash the cart from and everything is running/flashing great
Only just arrived today and got it all set up so baby steps

My first wander into chip tunes on my  dmg with a fresh backlight and bivert mod couldn’t be smoother smile

Thanks bennvenn for all time and effort that has gone into this

Last edited by jovius (Feb 10, 2015 11:33 pm)

perth, WA

i had a bit of a play with one of these carts recently and i liked what i saw

Australia

Hey,

Thanks guys. I've just finished an update for better save management, especially with the 128k files. I'm finishing up bug testing and hope to have it added to the software pack at ninstrument soon.

Puerto Rico

I can see this replacing the EMS USB as the next beginner level cart, it's nice so many people are into it. I'm probably getting one myself.

Minneapolis, MN
Xuriik wrote:

I can see this replacing the EMS USB as the next beginner level cart, it's nice so many people are into it. I'm probably getting one myself.

IDK, when you could buy 2 64M carts and a flasher for 15$ less than one derp cart, it might almost take over as the cart to have.

Australia

My next generation of Reader/Writers and Linkers will all be driverless USB. That is, upon connection they mount as a drive on your PC where you can drag and drop files (ROM's + Save files). Cross OS compatibility.

Puerto Rico
TEOMAWKI wrote:
Xuriik wrote:

IDK, when you could buy 2 64M carts and a flasher for 15$ less than one derp cart, it might almost take over as the cart to have.

Except for those paranoid about losing their savs to a dead battery. FRAM must be very reassuring.

BennVenn wrote:

driverless USB

!!!!!!!

Edit: Even on non-BennVenn carts? Even for backing up commercial game cart saves??

Last edited by Xuriik (Feb 11, 2015 4:57 am)

Australia

Yeah, all GB + GBA carts. It will also support Configuration files to detail the protocol to write to pretty much any existing flash cart. Very exciting stuff

Michigan

HHHNGGGGG

South UK

That linker is giving me heart palpitations... Any cart as easy to use as the derp?

Jazzmarazz wrote:

HHHNGGGGG

Damn right!

Australia
Category wrote:

That linker is giving me heart palpitations... Any cart as easy to use as the derp?

That's the plan. The firmware and PCB will not be open source, but the configuration files will be. This will allow anyone to build the relatively simple config file for their cart and share them to compile a comprehensive library covering every cart.

Drag and Drop any .SAV/ROM to any cart. No FTDI driver issues, no Python, shell, scripts or OS specific software. Just plug and play

Michigan
Category wrote:

Jazzmarazz wrote:

HHHNGGGGG

Damn right!

I was referring to this.

BennVenn wrote:

My next generation of Reader/Writers and Linkers will all be driverless USB. That is, upon connection they mount as a drive on your PC where you can drag and drop files (ROM's + Save files). Cross OS compatibility.

Australia

Ahh, the linker in particular?

Puerto Rico
BennVenn wrote:

every cart

BennVenn wrote:

any .SAV/ROM

BennVenn wrote:

No driver issues

BennVenn wrote:

Just plug and play