Hi guys!

First post in this forum! I'm REALLY new to chiptunes and only just heard of LSDJ a month ago. I've jumped in head first and I'm loving it. I bought a black PIL gameboy and prosounded it and installed a backlight. I love it!

This is the first track I've made with LSDJ so far. It's for our next game that we're working on. The game needs upbeat (mainly) happy music.

https://soundcloud.com/roballison/unrel … me-demo-01

Any feedback on the mix, eq, composition etc would be very useful smile

Thanks

Last edited by 2X4B (Feb 14, 2015 2:57 pm)

Whateverville, California

Cheers man, you're out the gate like a beast! As far as CC, the wav channel holds the secrets to your future happiness.

Thanks! Yeah, I need to put some time into learning what to do with the wav channel. The pulse channels don't seem to get bassy enough to allow me to use the wav for lead lines, but I need to play with it.

Any recommendations on where to look for examples/tutorials etc?

Thanks!

Whateverville, California

This thread has a link to an awesome patchbook. If you go through and just make all the instruments to see what they do it'll give you a good frame of reference.

LSDJ & You is pretty sweet too.

There's a ton of stuff on youtube, but I'm not sure what the best stuff out there might be. This is where some of the more experienced LSDJbros could probably point you in the right direction.

Another way of figuring out tracking tricks is to take a look at the savs of the pros and reverse engineer their techniques.
(Thanks dudes who include savs with their album downloads!)

Last edited by Imaginary (Feb 14, 2015 9:30 pm)

Atlanta, GA

This blew my mind! I will help you in any way I can. I will collaborate with you, provide you with wav channel patches. Whatever you need so that you can become an lsdj pro. I loved this track and want more.

(Imaginary pretty much covered everything I would've said otherwise)

Simply put you are my favorite new lsdj user to come about in a long time. heart

Last edited by Ninten Kwon Do (Feb 14, 2015 9:53 pm)

Oh wow! I really didn't expect feedback as great as that! Thanks so much, I'm kinda blown away by it! Made my night!

I will continue to post on this forum and keep reading through stuff, I may hold you to your word and ask for help every now and then wink

The game we're making at the moment will have (hopefully) a full album's worth of chiptunes, so I'm really excited to get working. I've got three "completed" so far. I need to do lots of tweaking and stuff.

Thanks again.

And thanks @imaginary. I've downloaded the patchbook (looks awesome!) and bookmarked lsdj & you smile

Atlanta, GA

No problem man. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack!

I'll post more as soon as I have it ready smile