Hello all,

I recently tried to mod my GBA (AGB-001) with GBA SP frontlight (AGS-001).
I watched several video and followed it but I think I messed up the ribbon cable sad

On AGS-001, there is a ribbon cable for frontlight that kinda looks like a bridge, which is the conductive part, so that is where I need to solder my wire. However, that part is now ripped and I cannot solder my wire.
I read some post in here that I can trace the wire and scrap the film to access conductive part. I did it very carefully but it did not really remove the film or it did but I see it became white color (I think I scrap too much?). I also tried to use solder to melt the film a little bit but I don't think it work sad

Also I am very new to soldering and everything and I heard that I am supposed to use flux so I did put flux on my ribbon and tried to solder, but all I heard was burning sound or nothing really happened. I basically put flux, then I tried to solder with cooper wire.

Can someone please help me on this? I actually have two AGS-001 frontlight and now I messed up both sad feel very desperate right now.
Thank you so much!

Pretty much seems like the solder poimts are screwed. Try using a couple of small, white LEDs to light up the light panel itself. They can be wired to the m/b pretty easily.