Garden city Victoria B.C

hey all this is my first try at chiptune ...would love to hear any thoughts on my mix and mastering aswell as composition...i have a feeling i need to simplify. cheers and thx! smile
http://www.soundcloud.com/megagirlx

Garden city Victoria B.C

wow 42 views not one opinion haha ...neat.

England

the drums seem quiet compared to other parts

like the acid bassline in the first track seems super loud

Last edited by Jellica (Mar 12, 2015 8:26 pm)

I think they sound totally decent!  I especially like the spacey,  mellow,  chillwave feel of the 2nd song,  Chipbitz.  Not sure what advice I can offer,  though.

Loving Kirby's Dream. Good job

Garden city Victoria B.C

cool thx everyone ...ill try and balance the volumes better cheers! smile

Huntsville, AL

I really like Chipbitz

NC in the US of America

I like the compositions big_smile fun and relaxing... The mix feels a little bit shrill to me somehow. The instruments seem to be focused in the higher harsher frequencies.

Garden city Victoria B.C

yeah i was thinking that...i really didnt eq them much...ill try eqing a bit less in the high frequencies. would you take out some of the high freq or bring up more mid and lows? or both? i def agree tho Thanks! smile

Garden city Victoria B.C

Thanks 1-Down! smile

Indiana

i don't think buss eq is the answer to evening out that mix on chipbitz. the levels seem a little whacky, like those chords that stick around for most of the song seem way too far forward, and could probably use a bit of hatchet eq'ing.

best to play around w it but maybe a wide gentle cut in the mid range and then some old-fashioned fader moves on that track could open up the whole mix really nicely

when you have a song where the harmony and melody elements sit in the same octave range, best to let the melody have dominance in the fundamental range and let the chords come out in their harmonic range, or at least that's worked for me tongue

Last edited by Fudgers (Mar 15, 2015 5:48 am)

Garden city Victoria B.C

thats great advice thx...ill try that cheers!