Playboy Man-Baby
ovenrake wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Instantly felt happier the day I misplaced my psp-1001

I think my hardware has become more jaded about the state of tru-chips than I have

dingoo wrote:

*turns self off*

*scoff* "Rihanna samples? Pffft." *crashes*

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Mar 12, 2015 9:58 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

I sense Mr. Hung is getting a free pass of sorts, but I've heard worse stuff in live streams.

São Paulo, Brazil
Bit Shifter wrote:

I have a feeling — and I haven't even heard the track so I'm speaking in general terms — that this kind of thing hits a nerve because it's an instance of a musical idiom being treated as worthy of examination only when person X with pedigree Y does it, and not otherwise. In cases where the material in question is perhaps less sophisticated than other music that might've been been a better example of the form, had it had the same benefit of an esteemed pedigree — well that only exacerbates the bad taste in peoples' mouths.

This is all a knowing oversimplification; I know Pitchfork has touched on chipmusic from time to time in the past. But it's hard to escape the sense that there's some lazy journalism at work when the form is presented so selectively. "Member of Known Quantity Band X wrote his EP on a Gameboy, Wow" is in some ways the new "Mario at a rave."

Or maybe it's just sour grapes! I don't know.

Earth

I don't know what the phenomenon is. But at 4:00 he hits a pretty good groove. I like that it doesn't sound like what I have come to know as the lsdj sound.

Indiana

kinda does sound like fuck buttons on a gameboy. never been a huge fan of fuck buttons tho...... sad

TSSBAY01

https://tempsoundsolutions.bandcamp.com … ame-ponoca

...and I'm just sitting here kind of glad there's another person out there utilizing a Gameboy. I think that much is cool.

South Korea
bitpusher2600 wrote:

...and I'm just sitting here kind of glad there's another person out there utilizing a Gameboy. I think that much is cool.

There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

Seattle, WA

I can understand being a little pissed that someone who isn't really a part of the community is getting recognized for this. People can't be rational all the time and it's totally ok to have opinions. This being said (unrelated joke incoming), we should have a place in the top right corner of the screen that tells us how many days have passed since the last "once we were robots" style crusade.

"This site has gone [001] days without Internet mob justice."

Last edited by Dire Hit (Mar 15, 2015 8:40 pm)

South Jersey, USA

i just looked up the word pedantic. I've been using it incorrectly all this time. ouch.