Westfield, NJ

Hello everyone, I'm a complete noob about these things, and have only been making music for about 6 months, but I think I have enough material now to start playing live. I happen to live in Princeton, NJ, and was wondering if there are any shows / other musicians / etc. in Jersey. If not, what should I be looking for in the NYC / PHL areas? Even some open-mic nights would be a good start (already considering Pulsewave). Most of all if there are any bookers / promoters I can talk to, that would be great. Living in the boonies means I don't have many connections to the "scene." Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Philly, PA, USA

we always have open mics at 8static, and the next 8static is this saturday! you should come out, it'll be great.

Unsubscribe

Same thing goes for pulsewave.. its a good way to get your feet wet and network!

Bronx, NY

What they said! Hope to see you around, good luck with everything.

GNV / FL / USA

You should totally come out to 8static this Saturday: http://8static.com

Also, fuck yeah Princeton! I love the Record Exchange!

Westfield, NJ

Yeah it looks like I'm coming to 8static... I really want to blast Bassfisher on that open mic smile

GNV / FL / USA

Word. Be there by the time the workshop starts, around 7pm, to sign up for open mic. It starts right after the workshop, right before the main show.

Bronx, NY
Decktonic wrote:

Yeah it looks like I'm coming to 8static... I really want to blast Bassfisher on that open mic smile

Hell yeah dude, that song is pure awesome.

BK
NO CARRIER wrote:

I swear that place is like my Mecca. I make a pilgrimage from north Jersey ever few months or so to stare at the budget CD wall and sell the crap i never listen to anymore.

Westfield, NJ
Kris k wrote:
NO CARRIER wrote:

I swear that place is like my Mecca. I make a pilgrimage from north Jersey ever few months or so to stare at the budget CD wall and sell the crap i never listen to anymore.

Yeah it's amazing but I have to admit their electronic music section is laughable. Also my wife never has the patience for me to browse sad