Douglas, Wyoming

So I've had this issue with LSDJ for a while. It only plays every other or so snare then makes a small click sound instead of the actual instrument. Any advice? Also yes, they're set to stable

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Some values of the S command, or complex transpose column use, will cause this to happen even on stable mode. It's almost always possible to the the same sound using a different set of parameters while avoiding this issue but in my experience it's been mostly trial and error.

Try different values for the note itself (higher and lower octaves will trigger this behaviour at different values of Sxx) and slightly different values for any S commands or transpositions.

Chips & Dip :3

I've had this problem before. If you're transposing at all, then you have to get rid of it, even if it means sacrificing the punch of the snare.

BK

One other thing to keep in mind is that if the CPU of the game boy you're using is getting pushed too hard by the three other channels, it'll often sacrifice what's playing in the noise channel to ensure the other channels play correctly. You may want to see if running the track on a gb color or SP clears up the issue- if so you may just need to optimize your snare sound a bit better.

Unsubscribe

in later versions of lsdj they added a STABLE or free mode to noise settings. Stable will cause it to happen less, at the expense of sounding less interesting IMO.

Chips & Dip :3
herr_prof wrote:

in later versions of lsdj they added a STABLE or free mode to noise settings. Stable will cause it to happen less, at the expense of sounding less interesting IMO.

Is the arduinoboy ROM stable? That's the one I've been using so idk tongue

Last edited by metatronaut (Mar 22, 2015 3:37 am)

Unsubscribe

Yep. You should see the setting on the noise channel for free or stable.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

He mentions in the OP that he had it set to stable already.

Unsubscribe

Then there is nothing to be done, or use less aggressive sweep commands.