Could we please refrain from quoting a whole post directly above?
It seems a bit superfluous plus it's wearing out my scrolling finger. wink

Melbourne, Australia

Can all you Americans please refrain from using the imperial measurement system? C'mon, the rest of the world moved onto the metric system. wink

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
celsius wrote:

Can all you Americans please refrain from using the imperial measurement system? C'mon, the rest of the world moved onto the metric system. wink

Don't get me started!

"I know, why don't we reference all temperatures on the nice round figures of 32° and 212°!"

A gray world of dread

Would it be possible to cut off quotes that exceed a certain length? The smaller fonts for nested quotes are a nice touch, but a 200 line quote with just an 'I agree' under it still looks stupid.

Then again, I guess that's really user responsibility.

Edit: There's an option on some forums to expand/collapse long quotes with a button on top of it. That's pretty neat.

Last edited by µB (Jan 9, 2010 2:05 pm)

Nashville, Tennessee
µB wrote:

There's an option on some forums to expand/collapse long quotes with a button on top of it. That's pretty neat.

Yeah, at first I thought this one had that option as well! because of the general appearance of it. It would be a cool and very useful feature!

uhajdafdfdfa

Maybe quotes over a certain length could just appear as a link back to the quoted post, with the name of the poster next to it, since for the most part, quoting someone and writing "I agree" underneath is the same as putting "I agree with [that person]'s last post" with no quote.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
celsius wrote:

i want the US to be on the metric system sooo bad, it just makes sense

µB wrote:

... but a 200 line quote with just an 'I agree' under it still looks stupid.

Yea. It's so 8bc.
neutral

While on the subject of quoting, I used to visit a forum which had a useful feature where you could select any text from a previous post and click on the user name and you'd get that text with quote tags.

Los Angeles

Hit refresh and go here:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/1356/#p1356

Added a scroll if the quote is really long.

celsius wrote:

The problem is that EVERYTHING would have to be changed. It would cost so much money it just wouldn't be worth it.

At least that's what my chemistry teacher told us like last week.

(we're learning measurements.)