Mine arrived also but indeed, I know about others that are also still waiting, in a situation like this he should give general updates, i also noticed he hasn't been online since a few days now... so we all can only speculate..  I hope we hear from him soon,so that you guys get yours and i can buy another from the second batch... smile

About the program, It creates some interesting sounds, but best not to use it as standalone.
Remember, it's a monophonic synth with drum support..
It still contains a bug or 2, but that was mentioned that that could happen in the first batch.
You will miss some options like grooves, changing patterns seems to only work for me by playing a pattern in song mode and a few other things that could improve.

Might write a review about it soon, here's a fun sound as an example of the software.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhhFICUYbzY

Agen, France

@SBSM :

You know.. i live in france and i've abandonned tracking my packages when they travel by "La Poste" "collisimo" or whatever affiliate to this, My girlfirend and i are buying stuff on internet every months and we're crying when they come by french post "services"... i got a long story with "la poste" and its tracking system, trust me that's a fucking joke.. so take it for what it is but your story not surprising me at all..

Btw i've just discovered furrtek work recently and not knowing him particularly except for what i've saw on several websites/networks, but as i've been buying chiptune and diy stuff from everywhere since a little while now it has got me to learn patience, furrtek is not the 1st testing our patience but he should increase his communication level for sure.. and as i read somewhere he said "i won't respond any individual mail or messages until end of shipping"... so he truely does...
Anyway what's the news for you Super Busty ?

@HIA :

I'll respond to your fb message here,

I got some bugs too, i've experimented some freezes and crashes on my Dmg, on my green gbc it seems to be ok but i'm not sure if the cartridge was or not correctly inserted (mine moves a litlle in the slot when i use it, i got to find an option for makin a case), and i'm not completly sure that my Dmg works totally well (direction pad is not so precise/reactive) but with LSDJ eveything works perfectly all the time so...

I got some trouble with pattern too, i don't understand how to save/load/edit other pattern than P00 (i saw on fb that 2080 has the same problem, he seems to be in contact whith furrtek btw..)

It sounds really cool and has a great potential but should be considered as a "work in progress" in my opinion (stability should be increased), that said it's easy and really fun to take in hand.
i didn't tried synchro as i didn't finished my arduinoboy yet and i'm still waiting nanoloop (and midi usb opening sales)

PS: I prefer your longer video, how the hell are you making those wobbles ??! sounds great !

It didn't crash for me, tried it on a gbc only.
Did anyone test the MIDI implementation?
I wonder if we can trigger the drums... will try soon

@Babel ok, then it's not just me! I found how to load a new pattern:
you have to select the pattern number you want to edit in "song mode",
so for instance change the second step in song mode to 01 instead of 00, then press select start and stop playback again.
Now the arrow is pointing at the 01 pattern and this one should be loaded now in pattern mode.
so every time you want to edit another pattern, set it in songmode, and press select start (and stop playback again).
If you still have problems let me know...

also, I think It's important to save your patterns, haven't tested yet, but i save every pattern after making, not sure if it saves all the patterns when i save the song...... will test that soon.

Agen, France

It works ! Thanx a lot mate

Another small info update for us first batch users. (at least the lucky ones.. smile  )

Saving a song only saves certain modulation settings, It doesn't give you a new empty set of patterns.
Also the song building screen stays the same when you load another song.
At least with mine.

Agen, France

Are you sure that you don't save your patterns always on the same slot number ?

When you save your pattern on the [M] screen (memory screen) you have to select its slot number before,

place cursor on the slot number, it will be highlighted then with L/R pad select its number, after that you can save your pattern, it works the same for song sav/load,

normally if you choosed a name for your pattern you must see it facing its slot number like :
00:PTN0, 01:PTN1, 02:PTN2 etc...

but i have to say that it seems to be bugging, i've seen a song name in place of pattern name, sometimes no name at all or, the name of another pattern and in this case the content of the pattern itself as changed too, for example P00 and P05 were named both test 5 and in the [T] screen there were identical when i tried to edit them

When it wasn't bugging i have noticed that, in [S] screen (song screen) if you change the number of the pattern in a slot by an precedently created (and saved i presume) pattern name, it loads it directly (so why is there a pattern load function ?!).

I have not experimented other crashes and freezes but, i got another bug, and so does HIA, when you hit Select+Start for playing the song, the last step of each pattern play with a slow cut (i dunno how to describe it better) and it results in making each pattern out of sync, very very frustrating sad

Last edited by Babel (May 7, 2015 4:23 pm)

I mean i have a problem with loading/saving a song.
I can save a song and load another, but the pattern sequence in song mode doesn't change.
what it does change is some modulation...
Let's say first song has no lfo, second song does, if I go back to first song, the pattern sequence for the second song stays loaded but plays without lfo, so it only remembers some modulation i think...

Agen, France
HIA wrote:

Let's say first song has no lfo, second song does, if I go back to first song, the pattern sequence for the second song stays loaded but plays without lfo, so it only remembers some modulation i think...

What you say make think about the LFO Reset and Pattern Overrides functions,
what are you are settings for them ?

no idea exactly what it changes but i can load 2 songs and it ends up being the same song, with only difference that the synth sound changed. could very well be the lfo setting, i'll do more testing this weekend, have to prepare for a gig tomorrow....party!!!

EDIT: tested again, i can load a new song, and it shows song screen all 00, so that seems to work.
Can't seem to recreate the above problem i had with loading a song, so it must be me that was faulty tongue

Last edited by HIA (May 7, 2015 5:13 pm)

Agen, France

In the manual furrtek wrote this

note : song or pattern settings are only saved after a song or pattern save in the memory [M] screen

maybe that's the reason ?

Personally i can save and load song and patterns but there's definitively some bugs, i'll try to dig a little to be more precise but in head pattern outsync is the worst. So how will you manage it for your gig HIA?

Agen, France

And by the way anyone else has received his stuff or... what?!

Paris

Not yet, but we're in a middle of a lot of work-free days and holidays here in France.

Abandoned on Fire

Facebook chatter suggests there's some beta testing going on so the carts shipped to buyers will be bug free as much as possible.

Is there any way to subscribe to like a newsletter or stuff like this to know when the next batch will be coming around.
I saw 2xAA's little demonstration of it and now i'm just dying to get my hands on one :S

I've got mine in the post!
@egr as far as I'm aware the beta testers have the same model as the customers who ordered one from the first batch. Been in touch with 2xAA but I'll double check today.