New Jersey

lookatthisholycrapitssocool

ohgodno, Indiana

I ordered one, looks like its promising

Dallas, Texas

That pocket chip housing looks awesome! Very excited to see more of that thing

Michigan

I just bought one too.

Idk if it will replace the pi altogether, just because the pi has a following, shields, support, etc. But I can see it taking a heavy portion of the pi's users. I can see it taking more from the arduino following through. With that many GPIO and a 1GHz CPU for only$9, this thing beats the crap out of arduino. Lets just hope it is as easy to program for; especially on a low level.

Unsubscribe

Im just waiting for the price to drop into negative dollars on these things.

Madriz, Supain

If i had money right now id get a shell one with hdmi. Doing lofi visuals in such a small device is only useful

United States

Cool, I might go for the pocket version in the future.

IL, US
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

If i had money right now id get a shell one with hdmi. Doing lofi visuals in such a small device is only useful

why hdmi for lofi visuals? most video projectors take composite video, which this seems to already have and doing lofi in hd seems a bit odd

Michigan

Hm. Not many gpio pins, but it is well equipped with serial comm. I will just have to get creative with the parallel LCD connector. wink

Madriz, Supain
e.s.c. wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

why hdmi for lofi visuals? most video projectors take composite video, which this seems to already have and doing lofi in hd seems a bit odd

My experience expecting venue projectors to have composite is pretty sad. I just assumed hdmi is the nowadays standard. I agree with you that using a HD conection for 256 x100 pixels imagery is kinda absurd, tho. Haha

Anyways i want one. Anyone wanna donate money?

PocketC.H.I.P. sold it for me,  I'm inspired now to learn some code/programming!  (especially since I have a synth with MIDI now as well!)

Last edited by RJL (May 14, 2015 2:46 am)