New York City
iLKke wrote:

Akira, your new avatar reminded me of that promised screenie of your PT2.3
big_smile

Yep, I didn't take it. Sorry!
Granted, I don't use this red nonsense, it would kill my eyes! This was just fabricated for the avatar tongue
I also remembered that I wanted to hack the graphics with PTPrefs and I never ended up finishing that...

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 18, 2012 11:58 am)

Unsubscribe

Patchbay LABELED

Tokyo, Japan

that picture is tiny! also whole set up you tease.

Fargo
herr_prof wrote:

Patchbay LABELED

I hope to, someday, have enough equipment to need a patch bay smile

Joliette, QC, Canada
akira^8GB wrote:
iLKke wrote:

big_smile

Granted, I don't use this red nonsense, it would kill my eyes! This was just fabricated for the avatar tongue
I also remembered that I wanted to hack the graphics with PTPrefs and I never ended up finishing that...

Akira is red like Minusbaby is Cornflower Blue ! wink

Psydney, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:
iLKke wrote:

big_smile

PTPrefs is a very dodgy piece of software. I remember figuring out how to make it work but it just doesn't cut it. You can hack the main 'mask' of the program but after clicking buttons/opening&closing menus, etc, it will restore default bits of the mask.

You still have to take that screenie, tho big_smile

New York City
iLKke wrote:

You still have to take that screenie, tho big_smile

True, true.
The lame screenshot software I use doesn't take a screenshot of Protracker, so excuse the lame monitor-shot tongue

(yes, I know it's widescreen. I kinda like it that way big_smile)

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am)

London

My home setup is a netbook with an emulator and my tracker maxYMiser.

I have a bunch of old Ataris which one-by-one I slowly break by dragging them across Europe on low cost airlines.

Plus a collection of Flying Vs and a mic.

New York City
gwEm wrote:

This reminds me... have you tried the ST emulator on the DS running Maxymiser?

London
akira^8GB wrote:
gwEm wrote:

This reminds me... have you tried the ST emulator on the DS running Maxymiser?

i've not, but i think the emulator is based on castaway, which isn't really accurate enough for maxYMiser which is very hardware-active with all kinds of tricks.

New York City

I think PacifiST is available for Caanoo, I should give it a try, since the Amiga emulator on that runs well enough to load my Amiga MODs on Protracker!

London
akira^8GB wrote:

I think PacifiST is available for Caanoo, I should give it a try, since the Amiga emulator on that runs well enough to load my Amiga MODs on Protracker!

i actually think pacifist is a pretty good emulator (although old). not sure if its capable of running maxY though, but its surely a better bet than the DS one

the most accurate emulator at the moment is actually the very latest version of Hatari which has come on a very long way since the early days.

Joliette, QC, Canada
akira^8GB wrote:

Compared to the Amiga emulator...the ST one is not really good !
btw gwEm, yeah same here, my STe case is in pretty bad shape so I'm usually STeeming all the way to hell in live stuffs !

London
XyNo wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Compared to the Amiga emulator...the ST one is not really good !
btw gwEm, yeah same here, my STe case is in pretty bad shape so I'm usually STeeming all the way to hell in live stuffs !

its funny, I always use the real deal live smile i've broken 5 STs so far - the latest one at a gig 2 weeks back, but i think i can fix it.

i like to cosy up in bed with my netbook for making music at home though.

Tokyo, Japan

Do they have a consistent point of failure or are you just to much rawk for them?

London
Lazerbeat wrote:

Do they have a consistent point of failure or are you just to much rawk for them?

almost all of the time its the floppy drive.

in the rare cases its not the floppy drive, its the keyboards.