Woo, arduinoboy (made by alleybeach) + MIDI Fighter (purchased from alleybeach) + Numark X6 mixer + cheap-but-awesome 25 key MIDI keyboard + Gameboy Light

Yay, new things

Last edited by thebitman (Jun 28, 2013 9:44 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

I am really starting to enjoy VJing. I just bought a little 30 usd guitar pedal case which perfectly fits all my stuff. I still want to do a few things

- Replace the power pack with a 2nd N8 (smaller, more reliable with AV famicoms) and have the powerpack as a backup.
- Get 2 of these so I can see the previewscreen more clearly and have a permanant "output" monitor
- make a little stand for the monitors to mount them at the back of the V4
- get a fader style controller for the V4, i know im going to snap the handle my accident some day.
- organize the power cable birds nest a bit more neatly.

Tempted to say you should use an Advantage controller so all you have to do is flip a switch to change controller ports (controller port 1 on Advantage out to Toploader #1, controller port 2 on Advantage out to Toploader #2). Not sure what graphics software you are using, but the variable-pot turbo on the Advantage may be cool to... take advantage of.  How are you choosing to drive video out from the Toploaders? It's rare seeing them use something other than coax.

Very cool rig, btw smile

IL, US
Lazerbeat wrote:

I am really starting to enjoy VJing. I just bought a little 30 usd guitar pedal case which perfectly fits all my stuff. I still want to do a few things

- Replace the power pack with a 2nd N8 (smaller, more reliable with AV famicoms) and have the powerpack as a backup.
- Get 2 of these so I can see the previewscreen more clearly and have a permanant "output" monitor
- make a little stand for the monitors to mount them at the back of the V4
- get a fader style controller for the V4, i know im going to snap the handle my accident some day.
- organize the power cable birds nest a bit more neatly.

the crossfader is well worth it, surprised so few people seem to buy it

Tokyo, Japan

It seems dead cheap too! I am still thinking about the best way to mount the screens.

Tokyo, Japan
thebitman wrote:

Tempted to say you should use an Advantage controller so all you have to do is flip a switch to change controller ports (controller port 1 on Advantage out to Toploader #1, controller port 2 on Advantage out to Toploader #2). Not sure what graphics software you are using, but the variable-pot turbo on the Advantage may be cool to... take advantage of.  How are you choosing to drive video out from the Toploaders? It's rare seeing them use something other than coax.

Very cool rig, btw smile

Thanks! I wouldn't use the Advantage for a few reasons, its big and heavy and the box for my rig is small and hopefully light, also the advantage takes up a fair chunk of table space and you cant control 2 units at the same time which is handy for VJing. Also the advantage is tricky to use one handed without a table!

The toploaders are AV famicoms which all output composite from the Nintendo proprietary cable.

Unsubscribe

Maybe You can hookup one pad controller to two nes'es?

http://www.mit.edu/~tarvizo/nes-controller.html

Maybe just have a toggle switch that drops the data pin from one input to the other?

Lazerbeat wrote:
thebitman wrote:

Very cool rig, btw smile

[in-depth reply]

That's really cool, didn't think much about how much space that would actually take up. Good to see you are valuing ease-of-use over "coolness" factor (while still being cool). Perhaps an Advantage would be fun to have at home tongue

Serbia,Belgrade

The current live setup for lsdj.I might do another one with ableton/nanoloop sync.

Last edited by Imnikola (Jun 30, 2013 7:22 pm)

Montreal, Canada

Hey thought I'd add my (partial) gear pic. Though can't really photograph all the SNES sample libraries I use. Tascam 4-track and VSS-30 are missing in the photo. Guess I'm kinda traditional in that I track using MIDI and multitrack audio.

Second post yay.

Last edited by lain2097 (Jul 3, 2013 2:23 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Here's my setup when I played a rave.

Unsubscribe

knobss

Tokyo, Japan

Peter, what is the extra jazz on the left side of your shruthi?

Unsubscribe

Cv in knobs

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jul 14, 2013 7:53 am)

TSSBAY01

korg 707 under that towel, pss-680 on top of those lil combos. ~20 amps total, ahhaha

Last edited by tempsoundsolutions (Jul 14, 2013 8:29 am)