IL, US

Yep, one of three that low-gain bent in that style

Just in case anyone's interestred, I finally uploaded the recording of the live show of this afforementioned chipnoise setup - http://cementimental.bandcamp.com/album … 9-aug-2013

Cementimental wrote:

Last edited by Cementimental (Oct 4, 2013 3:50 pm)

Planet Zaxxon

*WINNER*

KeFF wrote:

Germany

This is my current home setup.  pay special attention to the laptop without keyboard and the bass setup. I took the keyboard out because some keys did not work anymore, + the laptop always had cooling problems. As I set up the amp again today for bass recording purposes, I noticed that I dont have the right cables, hence the big cable mess with the Y-split. I rarely record bass, because composing, practicing the line and editing takes so much time.
also, i only have the lite version of my DAW software, meaning a maximum of 8 tracks, 4 midi-instruments, and 6 effect plugins per project. pretty minimalistic ...

equipment shown:

dell vostro 1310, running ableton live lite
focusrite saffire 6 (soundcard)
adam A3X speakers
backlit DMG running LSDj
custom built arduinoboy
ibanez soundgear 300L (bass guitar)
markbass little mark 250 (bass amp)
fender rumble 25 (bass amp combo)
harley benton beq-1 (surprisingly well-made budget bass pedal)
m-audio midi-keyboard

... and now you know how i make all this incredible music.

Last edited by Rynnon (Oct 5, 2013 12:22 am)

O2star wrote:

*WINNER*

KeFF wrote:

that micro

Dallas, Texas
Rynnon wrote:

This is my current home setup.  pay special attention to the laptop without keyboard and the bass setup. I took the keyboard out because some keys did not work anymore, + the laptop always had cooling problems. As I set up the amp again today for bass recording purposes, I noticed that I dont have the right cables, hence the big cable mess with the Y-split. I rarely record bass, because composing, practicing the line and editing takes so much time.
also, i only have the lite version of my DAW software, meaning a maximum of 8 tracks, 4 midi-instruments, and 6 effect plugins per project. pretty minimalistic ...

equipment shown:

dell vostro 1310, running ableton live lite
focusrite saffire 6 (soundcard)
adam A3X speakers
backlit DMG running LSDj
custom built arduinoboy
ibanez soundgear 300L (bass guitar)
markbass little mark 250 (bass amp)
fender rumble 25 (bass amp combo)
harley benton beq-1 (surprisingly well-made budget bass pedal)
m-audio midi-keyboard

... and now you know how i make all this incredible music.

HELL YEAH! I got the Little Mark II that looks exactly like your amp. I love it to death! That Pre-Shape Filter (VPF) is like a magic scoop from the bass heavens.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Oct 5, 2013 2:29 am)

From bottom left left to top right (clockwise):

Numark X6 analog DJ mixer - this is my main for 2xLSDJ + computer output
Pioneer HDJ 500 headphones - sound good, feel great. Not perfect, but good for a budget production/DJ setup
Traktor Z1 USB Mixer/ Sound card - handles all of my PC-related audio
MIDI FIghter Pro - this hoss can do just about anything - quick note entry in Ableton, beat making, sequencing, it's awesome
MIDI FIghter Classic - soon t obe replaced with another Pro model, being sold to Tri Angles heart
Arduinoboy (courtesy of Alley Beach) - supports up to 4 Gameboys (2 DMG 2 GBP-AGS) at once, powered by USB
Clear Japanese GBC (frontlit, internal prosound) from Mikee Teevee
Gold Gameboy Light with external prosound jack
Clear, Green, and Purple ASM carts as well as 2 MGB (channels 1-5 and 6-11?) carts by Jazz :3
Stock NES with Chipmaestro cartridge
Bleh laptop and meh speakers
$3 USB 2.0 hub powering USB-MIDI Adapters, cart flasher, USB MIDI Keyboard (mouse and keyboard have their own USB port on the lappy)
Silver GB Micro, AGS 101, EZ Flash IV, 2 custom-made GBC's by my girlfriend featuring Batman and Superman comics plastered on, pretty slick.
Kimball Swinger 300 house organ, it's all electric, has its own tube amp, and it's pretty freaking awesome. Got it for $90 at a Goodwill in Georgia. On top of it next to the USB hub is my cart flasher from Jazz as well as the actual USB MIDI keyboard I use.

That's it, for now.

Turku, FIN
Tr@$hk1ng wrote:
O2star wrote:

*WINNER*

that micro

Micro heart

thebitman wrote:

How do you use it? Just as soundcard? I'm thinking of buying this to use with maschine as a soundcard / controller, so i would be interested to hear some feedback of using it with laptop.

KeFF wrote:
thebitman wrote:

How do you use it? Just as soundcard? I'm thinking of buying this to use with maschine as a soundcard / controller, so i would be interested to hear some feedback of using it with laptop.

Super easy to use, USB powered, easy to configure and use with WIndows. Knobs and buttons are sensitive but can take a beating. I throw it in my bag with my MIDI Fighter Classic every day before school so I can easily work on music wherever there is a table (my headphone jack on the laptop is broken, which is part of why I got the Z1). I paid $200, and it sounds super great, audibly clearer than my little laptop (before the headphone jack broke). smile Hope that helps.

thebitman wrote:

Love the organ.

The milk crates and the whatever that is...this is how it should be done.

Columbus, Indiana
thebitman wrote:

Kimball Swinger 300 house organ, it's all electric, has its own tube amp, and it's pretty freaking awesome. Got it for $90 at a Goodwill in Georgia..

How does that bad boy sound? I've become a Hammond snob, but those kimballs turn up too often not to look at. Do you have a service manual for it? I may be able to get you one if you don't.

Turku, FIN
thebitman wrote:
KeFF wrote:

Super easy to use, USB powered, easy to configure and use with WIndows. Knobs and buttons are sensitive but can take a beating. I throw it in my bag with my MIDI Fighter Classic every day before school so I can easily work on music wherever there is a table (my headphone jack on the laptop is broken, which is part of why I got the Z1). I paid $200, and it sounds super great, audibly clearer than my little laptop (before the headphone jack broke). smile Hope that helps.

Awesome! I will get one soon.

rygD wrote:

]

Love the organ.

The milk crates and the whatever that is...this is how it should be done.

Milkcrates are just so convenient for me - stackable and rearranglable cubbies that let me thread wires through them. Easy to get when you are in college wink

meanwun wrote:
thebitman wrote:

Kimball Swinger 300 house organ, it's all electric, has its own tube amp, and it's pretty freaking awesome. Got it for $90 at a Goodwill in Georgia..

How does that bad boy sound? I've become a Hammond snob, but those kimballs turn up too often not to look at. Do you have a service manual for it? I may be able to get you one if you don't.

I don't have one, but I would love to have a service manual. This thing sounds SUPER fat for what it is (a simple house organ). I've already messed around using it with my Chipmaestro and Ableton. Something will be recorded and shared, it'll be so triangle wave-y you will cry.

Czech Republic
ryba wrote:

So nobody likes my vintage gear?
WTF.
This oldschool can really rock.
Here is yesterday bedroom session.
Live played by me - ryba (FR2L through Equalizer, Phaser and Delay + Individual outputs - Bass drum distorted by fostex x28 input - Snare drum triggering SYB-3 synthesizer ) and chyba (FR2L used as a source for microkorg vocoder).
http://chipmusic.org/ryba/music/rybachy … yb3vocoder

seattle

that rhythm ace is the cat's meow wink

Czech Republic

Rhythm ace is sound source of everything. That cat meow comes from rhythm ace's snare through boss SYB-3 bass synthesizer (with lot of reverb).