Baton Rouge, LA

I just bought myself a microkorg and I want to know how I can incorporate the gameboy. More specifically, what mods do I need to do homework on. I'm sure there is plenty it can do together but I would like to know a good place to start.

Finland

Midi sync'd be a start. Get the two to sync up somehow.

Swansea, UK

It has an audio input (well two actually) which can be fun to mess around with. But these will really come into their own if clocked, so yeah - you may find the best way to use these together is feed the gameboy midi from the keyboard, and then process the resulting audio back through the microkorg blending the two signals.

vancouver, canada

vancouver, canada

sorry had to

Gosford, Australia

^ hahaha, classic

Madriz, Supain

¿No cart on that girl gif?

I have a Microkorg too and it does nothing with LSDJ unless you get a midiarduino thingie. I just play it like a regular keyboard

Joliette, QC, Canada
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

I have a Microkorg too and it does nothing with LSDJ unless you get a midiarduino thingie. I just play it like a regular keyboard

you can plug the dmg in the input and tweak the sound of it with the filter etc...but yeah midi and arduinoboy could be a big plus !

Seattle, WA

Oh you sweet summer child.

Madriz, Supain
XyNo wrote:

you can plug the dmg in the input and tweak the sound of it with the filter etc...but yeah midi and arduinoboy could be a big plus !

But Id miss the microkorg at all that way. Its like using the vocoder, i miss the chance of playing leads or whatever. Thats cool for experimenting, but what i need (in my specific case) is more layers, not filtering.

Dire Hit wrote:

I missed that party

San Francisco
bryface wrote:

MAN O MAN. I forgot about this amazing gem in chip history. Lol they shamed her pretty hardcore.

Joliette, QC, Canada
wedanced wrote:
bryface wrote:

MAN O MAN. I forgot about this amazing gem in chip history. Lol they shamed her pretty hardcore.

Like every chipthieves in this world ! wink

São Paulo, Brazil

throw the game boy away and make an ambient record with the microkorg.

San Francisco
killedatschool wrote:

I just bought myself a microkorg and I want to know how I can incorporate the gameboy. More specifically, what mods do I need to do homework on. I'm sure there is plenty it can do together but I would like to know a good place to start.

Welp you can also build a cable to midi control the gameboy via the keyboard. If you use a mixer and get voices from the actual synth too it would allow for stacking giving a mixed output of the synth and the gameboy as one. could be cool for some sound design stuff that diversifies the gameboy sound or fattenes it.

Detroit
Dire Hit wrote:

I wish I had saved the actual video

Montreal, Canada
The One Electronic wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

I wish I had saved the actual video

Yeah I wish someone would have made a copy. My mad google skillz are returning zero results for this and I kinda sorta really wanna see it.