Never mind.

Last edited by bpozega (Jun 15, 2015 4:18 pm)

Minneapolis, MN

I've been waiting to use this for a long time

Montreal, Canada

Yay! Free advertising! Perfect for buying free food, and paying my free rent! Oh just think of all the free shoes you can buy with all that free advertising! Gonna be knee-deep in free hookers and free cocaine, rocking it out on my free private jet plane.

It's a bit sad that the developer will only get real ad money from this, because it takes a lot of real money to buy stuff and make a living. Poor guy sad

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:33 pm)

Minneapolis, MN
Feryl wrote:

Butthurt much?

This is the internet, I have the right to be butthurt!

Montreal, Canada

Well he did want KICK ASS tunes... get it? KICK ASS? BUTT HURT? huh? anyone?

Well too much drama here. Already found great songs i can use. I do not need the songs for the game to work, just to have few default songs in case the user does not have any songs in his itunes library.

Have a nice day!

Unsubscribe

Laughing out loud.

Abandoned on Fire

I'm sure the free songs are "kick ass".

Chips & Dip :3
n00bstar wrote:

Yay! Free advertising! Perfect for buying free food, and paying my free rent! Oh just think of all the free shoes you can buy with all that free advertising! Gonna be knee-deep in free hookers and free cocaine, rocking it out on my free private jet plane.

It's a bit sad that the developer will only get real ad money from this, because it takes a lot of real money to buy stuff and make a living. Poor guy sad

Clermont-Ferrand, France
bpozega wrote:

Well too much drama here. Already found great songs i can use. I do not need the songs for the game to work, just to have few default songs in case the user does not have any songs in his itunes library.

Have a nice day!

Never mind.

Last edited by PleaseLoseBattle (Jun 15, 2015 8:20 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

Game Team: Okay bpozega, we're pretty much done with the programming. What's our projected budget for music?

bpozega: I'm thinking $0.

Game Team: How the hell are we going to hire musicians on $0?

bpozega: Don't worry, we'll get some chiptune artists to work for free advertisement. Bitches love free advertisement.

Washington, PA

I mean, I've made microbudget movies and I completely understand what it's like to have nothing to offer musicians but exposure. However, I was approaching specific bands/musicians who were already doing alright financially or close friends - some of whom were also actors in the films.

But coming on a public forum for musicians and expecting to NOT be reamed over a stereotypical request for music without compensation? That's just ridiculous. I can't see the original post, but had he explicitly said, "Look, I know this bullshit happens all the time, but I really need help," I would've let him use a couple tunes. It's when people presume exposure is equal to compensation that irritates me.

Seattle, WA

Making music costs no money whatsoever, why should we be compensated?

Seriously though I love it when we get to ridicule someone as a community. I love this site.

Earth
katsumbhong wrote:

Game Team: Okay bpozega, we're pretty much done with the programming. What's our projected budget for music?

bpozega: I'm thinking $0.

Game Team: How the hell are we going to hire musicians on $0?

bpozega: Don't worry, we'll get some chiptune artists to work for free advertisement. Bitches love free advertisement.

You think he has a budget?

Clermont-Ferrand, France

It's the way it was introduced.

"I need 5 or 10 songs. No budget but free exposure for you, seize this chance ! Send your works to [email protected], I'll do a selection."

How could he be more scornful ?