Minneapolis, MN

Hey, so I recently purchased a NES console and whenever I try to play games on it I get a solid blue screeen, I've cleaned up the contacts on the board and the 72 pin connector. Do I need to buy a new 72 pin? Thanks!

Connecticut

Not necessarily, there are a few different factors. When I restore an NES I usually clean the original pin connector, then I'll CAREFULLY bend the pins themselves so that they make contact with the cart without the need to press the game down into the NES. Pushing the game down is considered a factor in bending the pins out of alignment in the first place. If you are getting a solid blue instead of blinking, I'm assuming your lockout chip has been disabled. If you're opening it up anyways i would check the lockout chip as well and ground it if it isn't already. Just a few thoughts, but let me know if any of this helps. I bought a new pin connector once in my lifetime, and absolutely hated it. I restore/mod vintage electronics for a living so I've fixed a fair amount of NES without replacing the pin connector.