Quebec, Canada

SoundClub is an amazing retro daw that support :

Amiga SoundTracker (.MOD),Amiga NoiseTracker (.NST or .MOD),Amiga Oktalyzer (.OKT),Composer 669 (.669),ScreamTracker (.STM),Ad Lib Visual Composer (.ROL),Sound Blaster software (.CMF),MIDI software (.MID). It has a wav editor with freehand, synthetiser and a lot more !

Here are some screenshots :

I am surprised that its not much used in the chipmusic scene and i wonder why ?! But for some interested folfs here is the link to the full version now available for free (Works very well in dosbox) :

http://www.bluemoon.ee/history/scdos/index.html

Last edited by qitano (Aug 12, 2015 6:35 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

!!! Interesting, thanks for posting!

Joliette, QC, Canada

Pretty sure it is because most people use trackers instead of pianorolls but wow it looks really cool !!! Thanks a lot Ben !!! big_smile

Planet Zaxxon

Yooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

UK / FR

Wow this is cool, I love finding out about old progs like this. Old stuff ftw.

Not chip related but I recently downloaded photoshop 5 and goldwave because i got sick of using crappy gimp and crappy audacity on my crappy netbook.

France

I like pianorolls smile
Thank you for sharing this, it seems to be a wonderful piece of software (as are gimp and audacity)

NC in the US of America

I've been using Soundclub NT for several years. Was too lazy to DOSBox the DOS version, haha

Katowice, Poland

That was my the first sound program I worked out as a child (7 years old?). After a long break I had a rendez-vous with SoundClub again.

Fun

Last edited by Jakim (Aug 13, 2015 2:01 am)

Quebec, Canada
SketchMan3 wrote:

I've been using Soundclub NT for several years. Was too lazy to DOSBox the DOS version, haha

The thing is this version lack the old wav editor and synthetiser :S

Quebec, Canada

Hey its been a year 8) !! So is anybody made something with this ?

France

Not yet! Thanks for the reminder!

I did  a lot of stuff with the dos version in the dos times. Maybe 93 till 98, then i switched to Windows version. I did miss the instrument editor but not the synt,didn't use it. I remember that you could save and load blocks in the demo version. Thats what we ( me and cousin) were doing for saving.
Still have a big archive of songs. Many of them changed later in Windows version.
Love soundclub, Its the simplest song sketcher ever made.

Brittany

I tried it yesterday. This thing is really easy to use, and the instrument editor/synth is quite cool. And it works perfectly on dosbox. I may try to use it someday.

I haven't tried it yet, but after checking out the website, I found that there is an updated version for Windows 95 right here: http://www.bluemoon.ee/history/scwin/index.html

Thanks for sharing!