Tokyo, Japan

The debut for FAAS on Cheapbeats and their second full length.

The play between digital and analogue devices is a very different route for the label, and one that I we will be bringing more of in the future. There really is no better way to start this new journey than with For Astronauts, so put on your headphones and prepare to get lost in the lush soundscapes from the FAAS boys.

+ CD
+ Poster
+ Tshirt
+ Stickers
+ Badges

Download / Purchase link

1. When The Ocean Rose Up
2. Point All Your Weapons At The Sky
3. To Fight Monsters...
4. We Created Monsters
5. Lost In Smoke
6. Dust Settles, Titan Stands

› Cheapbeats Records Catalogue

NC in the US of America

40 seconds in and i'm liking this so far... this is so cool... wow... so atmospheric

Yeah, this is really good. Wake up people.

Clermont-Ferrand, France

Totally agree, this is awesome. Just waiting for my paycheck to buy their stuff.

NUMBSKULL

Warning: My opinion ahead

I totally love this release. Their first album seemed to come out of nowhere and totally blew my mind. In a way it helped fill that starscream void in my life, but at the same time it was unique and new. This release expands on that and sounds much more polished and complete. They jumped the bridge from melodic rock to progressive rock in a nice way. While listening I was reminded of something like dream theater's technicality. Really really great stuff. I would love to support the band more.

But dude, this album art is some of the worst I've seen in a long time. Particularly from a band so polished. When this thread was posted, I wasn't sure if the artist was the same one that I thought they were. I clicked the thread and saw the art and thought there was no way it could be and shrugged it off. Then I saw the positive reviews and decided to give it another shot. I'm glad I did since I loved their first release so much. Their other art was so awesome too, I came really close to buying a shirt but overseas shipping killed the deal. This art not only poorly represents the music, but I feel like it actually repels people from the music. I'm really genuinely curious what the story behind this is. Did they use all the budget on studio time and didn't have any left over for art? Am I crazy and this is actually really good art? I just can't reconcile this in my mind, so I'd really like some closure. It's a pretty weird feeling to love and hate something so much at the same time.

TL;DR: Love the album, hate the album art.

Last edited by catskull (Sep 19, 2015 3:45 am)