rochester, ny

http://www.destructoid.com/the-super-ga … 8081.phtml

this was made specifically to emulate the feel of the controls on a gameboy so when you played your gameboy games with your super gameboy adapter for SNES, you'd feel comfortable with the controls.

they describe one button as "SPEED-Y - Toggle between two gradations of the slow-motion feature".

if i was using LSDJ, do you think this button would adjust the tempo or pitch of the music when it was playing back?

PDX

So sick!

Bookmarked under  "wishlist"

Thanks

Tucson, AZ

I think I have one of these around somewhere.

Abandoned on Fire

I thought slo mo was just rapid pause unpause but maybe this is different.

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Spoke to soon (from the comments):

"From what I had heard about this controller, the speed setting is not a rapid fire start button. This controller is actually allowed to access and change the cpu clock speed of the Super Gameboy, making the game run faster or slower. Very interesting, but that's pretty expensive for me."

Awesome!

hardcore, Australia

Somebody bust one open and work out how to gain complete control over cpu clock speed.

Then 2xsnes with super gameboys and clock speed variance = awesome lsdj sets

rochester, ny

i'm buying it tomorrow, so stoked.

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm)

rochester, ny
IAYD wrote:

"this item is currently sold out and unavailable"

this item is currently being sold at http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=33960

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I've got one of these. It does actually affect the CPU clock speed. It is cool to have but I never ended up finding much practical use for it. It is sometimes nice to slow down complex phrases when composing and then switch back to normal speed.

Abandoned on Fire
MicroD wrote:

I've got one of these. It does actually affect the CPU clock speed. It is cool to have but I never ended up finding much practical use for it. It is sometimes nice to slow down complex phrases when composing and then switch back to normal speed.

Does it affect the pitch?

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

You know... its been a while since I used it so I can't remember. I'm fairly certain it does lower pitch, but it is still effective for picking apart fast melodies etc. I'll pull it back out again sometime and record some samples. I didn't realize information about it was still so elusive!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

a friend of mine has one of these.
he payed a lot for it on ebay. but
i never see him actually use it...

rochester, ny
MicroD wrote:

You know... its been a while since I used it so I can't remember. I'm fairly certain it does lower pitch, but it is still effective for picking apart fast melodies etc. I'll pull it back out again sometime and record some samples. I didn't realize information about it was still so elusive!

awesome. i'll post something when i get mine too.

rochester, ny

i just got mine yesterday, it's pretty nuts.

there are three speed/pitch settings: normal, low, and middle. pressing the speed button will cycle through them.

if you have a C playing and then you hit the speed button, it drops down to a D. not an entire octave, just down a minor 7th. if you hit the speed button again, it goes up to an F#. hit it again and you return to C.

the only problem is that when you hit the button, there is an insane sound effect that plays. imagine a "slowing down" noise. WOOSH. very very lame.

also, if you use this with a gameboy camera plugged in to the super gameboy, it has a dramatic affect on the brightness of the picture. the slower it is, the brighter the picture, sort of. it's weird.

the speed setting is pretty awesome when you use it with gameboy games. i can finally beat mega man 2.

i can make a video if anyone is interested.

Last edited by nickmaynard (Jul 12, 2010 4:10 am)