Cambridge UK

A few years ago I lost my cellphone, probably in the subway or on the street. I got another one, and since I had been out of a phone for about a day I checked my voicemail right away. I had 3 messages from a drunk guy.

#1 "yo...I got your cellphone...like...pick up...I have your cellphone"
#2 "PICK THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING FUCK I HAVE YOUR CELLPHONE"
#3 "Fuck you bitch, I'm keeping your cellphone. You should've picked up, bitch."

TmTgr wrote:

I know many people are probably with me on this...
but I paid the minimum amount for LSDJ.

neutral

Indeed, i meaning to paypal some money over to them at some point.

Yesterday I went to burger king with a couple of friends. I was supposed to get 4 cents change back but instead I got a nickel.

I felt pretty cool.

Vienna

unfortunately betrayal is the dominant strategy. sad

San Francisco

i was in chicago... i lost $309.... could it be mine?...

Finland
goto80 wrote:

On the way to the Gathering demoparty in 1997, my friend went to exchange money at the local post office. We took off and later stopped at a gas station, where he discovered that he got 1000 euros back from the cashier instead of the 100 he was supposed to get.

Super cool story bro but euros werent around at that time (this is me being honest haha;)).

I've found couple of daddy longleg spiders and wallets on bars, and always returned them.

One time when I was drunk as fuck on another town, after gig I somehow managed to forgot my bag (I had couple of bags) with all of my music equipment to bus station. Some old lady had noticed it and took it to police station which then posted it to me, she also refused to take any money because of it.

FlashHeart

I once made love to a woman and afterwards she said "Phew. Thanks. I needed that." Does that count as a good deed?

I once stood up to a giant crazy guy on the subway who was drunk or high and trying to pick fights with people. He started getting up in a young Hasidic boy's face and spouting incoherent nonsense. The kid was terrified. So I went up to him and said "hey, leave him alone." Before he could figure out exactly why the hell I was talking to him and order his thoughts enough to pound me into a pulp (which would have been the inevitable outcome of any physical confrontation between me and this mountain of a man,) the train pulled into a station, the doors opened, and the cops came on and took him off. Someone had told the conductor and she had called ahead.

Unsubscribe
wedanced wrote:

i was in chicago... i lost $309.... could it be mine?...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU MISSED THE BOAT.

Unsubscribe
Natty wrote:

I I once stood up to a giant crazy guy on the subway who was drunk or high and trying to pick fights with people. He started getting up in a young Hasidic boy's face and spouting incoherent nonsense. The kid was terrified. So I went up to him and said "hey, leave him alone." Before he could figure out exactly why the hell I was talking to him and order his thoughts enough to pound me into a pulp (which would have been the inevitable outcome of any physical confrontation between me and this mountain of a man,) the train pulled into a station, the doors opened, and the cops came on and took him off. Someone had told the conductor and she had called ahead.

Oh yea I did that once. I was riding the bus in austin after an all night shift at a collocation facility downtown, and I am nodding in and out of sleep. A really drunk dude was on the bus (around 8am mind you) and this college freshman aged girl sat in front of him. I zone out, and after a few stops notice he is FUCKING SMELLING HER HAIR, and running it through his fingers. She is just staring dead-eyed into space terrified, like its a bear attack or something.

"Hey!", I yell out to him. No Response.

"Hey you! Leave her alone!"

Nothing. At this point i'm starting to get pissed.

So I get up and walk up to his face, Grit my teeth, and say "I think you better find another seat.. NOW!".

The guy looks at me with a glassy stare, and then staggers up while the bus is moving and sits across the aisle from her. The remainder of the ride continues in stony silence, him avoiding my gaze, me staring the fuck out of him, and the girl staring down at her hands looking like she was wishing she was dead. I was prepared to follow him off the bus if she followed her but he got off first, then she got off quickly a few stops later.

Never once did she acknowledge or talk to me.

So now the adrenaline is totally pumping at I get off at the last stop. The bus driver flashes me toothy grin and says "Man I thought chivalry was dead".

What a dick.

San Luis Obispo, CA

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a couple of songs by musicians who are notorious for stealing chip music and using it as their own. I was curiouous to hear what the controversy was about, and felt justified in not paying for the 2 tracks.

I don't fancy music piracy, and have never done it before.

Anyways, I burned the songs to a CD and listened to them during the drive home. Later that night while I was asleep, someone broke into my car and stole my stereo, along with the CD. Ultimate Karma payback.

sweden

Once I paid my rent to the wrong person (he had the exact same name as my landlord). His bank wasn't allowed to tell him where the money came from so he went all Dick Tracy and managed to find out where it came from and transfered the money back to me. Apparently I had bought a synth from him a couple of years ago via craiglist. He was well rewarded and I didn't get evicted.

England

I found an iPhone at Glastonbury this weekend. I tracked down the owner and it turned out to be an old friend of mine.

Anyone who's ever been to Glastonbury festival will understand how unlikely that must be.

I freaking love this thread.

☺☺☺
George wrote:

A few years ago I lost my cellphone, probably in the subway or on the street. I got another one, and since I had been out of a phone for about a day I checked my voicemail right away. I had 3 messages from a drunk guy.

#1 "yo...I got your cellphone...like...pick up...I have your cellphone"
#2 "PICK THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING FUCK I HAVE YOUR CELLPHONE"
#3 "Fuck you bitch, I'm keeping your cellphone. You should've picked up, bitch."

what a dick

one time i had found a phone on the ground and called the "HOME" number everyday until the owner finally responded. I had this strange guilt about finding and using a phone that has a contractual ball-and-chain attached to someone elses leg. As if im not broke already big_smile

Last edited by Emar (Jun 30, 2010 4:03 pm)

astral cat
InactiveX wrote:

I found an iPhone at Glastonbury this weekend. I tracked down the owner and it turned out to be an old friend of mine.

Anyone who's ever been to Glastonbury festival will understand how unlikely that must be.

my girlfriend lost her phone at the 2009 glasto! shit sucks!

Tacoma WA

found a phone called the number mark home talked to the husband.

found out the owner was at a laundry mat around the corner.  went there on the phone asking the husband for a description of his wife.
found her gave the phone back.

fun times

another time saw some one do a hit and run in a uhaul in a parking lot, my buddy and i were on our lunch break just kicking it.
he called the police i ran after the truck and wrote down the plates.  he went with the cop and ID'd the driver since he saw him better.
police arrested him on the spot, i guess they take hit and runs seriously in washington state.