Aarhus, Denmark

Hi

This afternoon I managed to get a Raspberry Pi to sync LSDj in slave mode - great success! - however most of what I've been doing is to simply look at the arduinoboy code and translate it into something that works on the RPi. So my question is, do I continue to translate Arduinoboy-code, or has someone put together a guide/overview of what the different modes in LSDj are able to send and receive (and by what means)?

~zii

Sweden

Great job getting slave sync working! Have you looked at MIDI out mode as well? I'm doing a MIDI clock program for the RPi and would like to implement GB link communication too.
Åre you connecting the link cable directly to gpio pins?
Have you uploaded your code somewhere?
Do you want to work together with this? An idea is that our programs could communicate via a virtual ALSA MIDI port.

I haven't found any specifications other than the Arduinoboy code either.

Info about my clock program:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/17404 … l-routing/

Aarhus, Denmark

Thanks! I've definitely considered MIDI out and the remaining modes that the Arduinoboy supports, I just haven't gotten around to implementing it.
At the moment I've extended the necessary GPIO pins to a small breadboard, and unsoldered a link port from a GB mainboard that I broke earlier this year, so I wouldn't have to cut the link cable.
The code is hosted at GitHub, but it is minimal at the moment.

I want to develop it further, and it would be really nice to work together with someone, but the problem is that I can't make any commitments right now due to my studies. Maybe I'll have more time after New Years. If you can live with that, I'd be happy to work together with you. wink

Sweden

Sounds great! I'll look at your code and we'll keep in touch.

Sweden

I wonder if I understand the ArduinoBoy MIDI out code correctly.

Sending 0 and 1 to the GB clk pin should trigger the GB to send notes and CC on the SO (out) pin.
One bit is sent from the GB for every 0 1 sent to the GB clk pin, so 0 1 is cycled 8 times to get a byte.

I tried this today while sending MIDI notes in LSDJ, but I never got anything from the GB. The SO pin is constantly 0.
Maybe I use the wrong pins.

Does anyone have any ideas?