Bonn, Germany

So I just ordered nanoloop 1.7 for the Game Boy and i wonder where i can find cartridge shells, so I can sorta wrap it up

Does anyone know where I can find them?

If this has been asked before, please link me to that thread and delete this one, but I couldn't find any topic regarding this question.

heart

South Korea

This hasnt been done, but I suppose you can glue the front half of a game cart shell to it. It will look silly though as the nanoloop carts are shorter than regular carts.

South Korea

And the thick PCB style of the nanoloop carts is pretty rad and indestructable, so Im not sure why you would want to do this in the first place.

Bonn, Germany
DeerPresident wrote:

And the thick PCB style of the nanoloop carts is pretty rad and indestructable, so Im not sure why you would want to do this in the first place.

well, it really doesn't look that stable to me and i'm really talented at randomly destroying things...

South Korea

It would be interesting to see what you come up with. I really hope you find a way to do it. Please post your results here.

ohgodno, Indiana

yea if you figure it out please let us know, I really dislike the PCB idea

NUMBSKULL

Man I'm surprised so many don't like the bare PCB idea. Seems like he really went the extra mile to make it unique, I'd imagine manufacturing is more expensive versus just buying the cheapie chinese shells.

Does anyone have any concrete evidence that the PCB is any worse than a normal cart shell? I don't own one. Do they break? Do they fall out? Is it hard to get it in? Just wondering why so many are against it.

Abandoned on Fire

The pcb carts are indestructible. They'll be around long after standard carts have crumbled to dust.

Yes they are very well made, the only problem I have ever had is when trying to take the cart out, this can sometimes be a little tricky as it sits completely flush to the back of the dmg

Japan

My one worry with 1.7 in a Color or Pocket is that the outside of the gameboy (the part just outside the cart slot) might get bent if I put it in my pocket, since it doesn't have the body of the cart against it to support it (I have been too wary to actually try this).

Taichung, Taiwan

Maybe some double sided tape and foam padding.

Melbourne
catskull wrote:

Does anyone have any concrete evidence that the PCB is any worse than a normal cart shell? I don't own one. Do they break? Do they fall out? Is it hard to get it in? Just wondering why so many are against it.

It's sometimes a little difficult to get into my DMG—sometimes it looks like it's gone in but must have shorted something out because when I turn it on, nothing even appears on the screen. Kinda worrying. I guess the solution is to just keep the NL PCB in there and not use anything else big_smile

Oregon

Don't bother trying to rig up some sort of cart. The pcb is thick and sturdy, and sits flush up against the backside of the cart slot in my DMG. No possible way it could catch on anything. Also, it looks awesome.