Unsubscribe

think of mp3s as CYCLE ACCURATE NSF EMULATION.

philly

Hehe.

We can assume he wants to stick to the NSF format for a personal reason, so it makes sense to give advice with that in mind. Otherwise, I'm sure he knows he has plenty more options if he's okay with using wavs or mp3s. Who knows, perhaps beyond his own music he wants a larger NSF library that's easily accessible. Sampling everything would suck!

San Francisco

i was thinking... for recording.... you can isolate each channel in musicbox. is it possible to convert each channel into a .wav and run those through some other program, adding effects, eq'ing and mastering?

also this might help Saskrotch:
you can build a simple conversion box. it would take the the audio out from your ds and sum it all into one channel and go to a stereo out so that it will be mono and play in both ears.

|========= L=====|                                                  |===========|== L== | Audio out  L]
   ---[ audio in jack}====|                               |============= mono=======|                                   |                      [ }------ output -----
                                   |========= R=====|                                                  |===========|== R==| Audio out  R ]

standard                                                                                                                                           StandardStereo
     head phone plug                                                                                                                                     Headphones out put

super simple to make and house in a small container. i am not sure you even need to grnd the thing. the device wouldn't be limited to just your DS. it should work across the board. I was thinking about building one for my nes. right now i have the stereo mod going on and if i built this i can listen to the summed up version of each track. that way it isnt annoying as shit to listen to my nsf's with headphones.

probably could even add a simple volume pot to the mono wire. that way you can adjust the volume easy.

good luck nigel!

Last edited by wedanced (Jun 24, 2010 11:28 pm)

philly

Yup! You could do that with a number of other players too. smile
Notsofatso, nsfplay, nezplug++, audio overload, nsfplayer/live (I think), possibly some more...