rochester, ny

has anyone here done this?

i saw this page - http://wiki.littlesounddj.com/SyncingMo … Boys?v=cwc

but i'm still kind of a noob as far as the tech is concerned.

let's say i have 2 gameboy link cables. i cut them in half. i now have four halves. i open them up and spread out the colored wires inside.

do i just connect all the similarly colored wires? is it just that simple? do i only need to worry about the GND, CLOCK, and SERIAL IN / OUT wires?

thanks for the help.

Sweeeeeeden

Partially a response to justinthursday's comment on 8bc...

Do not just connect all cables with similar colors. What is SIN on one side is SOUT on the other. (Things com in on one side and out on the other.) Those are red or orange, and you don't know which is which for which side.

For the most basic splicing, try just connecting all Gnds (blue in official Nintendo cables) and clocks (green in official Nintendo cables). For that basic connection it makes no sense to connect anything else,

That should work fine for simple sync with one master and a few slaves. If you want support for the feature that LSDj starts playing on the same step as the master on all slaves, you need to work out the connections so that SOUT on the master goes to SIN on all the slaves. A multimeter is recommended for probing the red(orange wires for sin/sout.

rochester, ny
nitro2k01 wrote:

Partially a response to justinthursday's comment on 8bc...

Do not just connect all cables with similar colors. What is SIN on one side is SOUT on the other. (Things com in on one side and out on the other.) Those are red or orange, and you don't know which is which for which side.

For the most basic splicing, try just connecting all Gnds (blue in official Nintendo cables) and clocks (green in official Nintendo cables). For that basic connection it makes no sense to connect anything else,

That should work fine for simple sync with one master and a few slaves. If you want support for the feature that LSDj starts playing on the same step as the master on all slaves, you need to work out the connections so that SOUT on the master goes to SIN on all the slaves. A multimeter is recommended for probing the red(orange wires for sin/sout.

thank you. this is definitely extremely helpful.

when i was first getting into "mods", i tried to do this but i fucked it up - http://www.flickr.com/photos/lameboymus … 419956111/

that being said, the jacks are all still intact and the main wire is intact. it's just the board that's kind of a mess. anyways, i could just solder wires to the jacks themselves on this thing, right? it's the same principle.

i just don't know which pins are the GND, CLOCK, SERIAL IN, SERIAL OUT, etc.

could you help?

1 = ?
2 = ?
3 = ?
4 = ?
5 = ?
6 = ?

rochester, ny

if i just soldered a wire from the #1 pin on that jack to the #1 pin on the next, and so on until all the pins from one jack were connected to the same pins on another jack, would that work?

☺☺☺
nickmaynard wrote:

if i just soldered a wire from the #1 pin on that jack to the #1 pin on the next, and so on until all the pins from one jack were connected to the same pins on another jack, would that work?

yes (except for the Sin and Sout as nitro said) however that would be very messy and require just as much dexterity and soldering skills as lowgains, simpler, cleaner, version of the same thing

just take your time, use flux, stop at a decent hour; and you should be fine

and how did you fuck the dmg-07 up? lowgains mod just calls for cutting absolutely everything off and bridging a few points, ium sure if your "fucked it up" its a super easy fix smile

rochester, ny
Emar wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

yes (except for the Sin and Sout as nitro said) however that would be very messy and require just as much dexterity and soldering skills as lowgains, simpler, cleaner, version of the same thing

just take your time, use flux, stop at a decent hour; and you should be fine

and how did you fuck the dmg-07 up? lowgains mod just calls for cutting absolutely everything off and bridging a few points, ium sure if your "fucked it up" its a super easy fix smile

i still don't know the terms for these things but when i was doing this step - http://www.flickr.com/photos/lameboymus … 419956111/

the little metal rings came up and i didn't realize what they even were (i was just starting out) and so i yanked 'em off but with them came the wires that were connected to them. so with this specific dmg-07, i can't just do the mod as it's written on that tutorial. so, i'm trying to see how else i can do it.

i'll probably just go buy another since they're pretty cheap.

☺☺☺
nickmaynard wrote:

i'll probably just go buy another since they're pretty cheap.

send me your b0rk'd one, ill pay shipping tongue

Last edited by Emar (Jun 28, 2010 2:39 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

http://wiki.littlesounddj.com/LsdjSync?v=izq