Toronto, Ontario, Canada
e.s.c. wrote:
jefftheworld wrote:

EDIT: Or, if you already have a MIDI-based arduinoboy, grab a raspi and a cheap USB-MIDI adaptor and plug both the piggy-midi and arduinoboy into that, for way less that $200.

no arduinoboy or usb midi adapter needed, he HAS the nanoloop usb midi adapter which should do the trick

According to Oliver Wittchow, LSDJ does not respond correctly to the sync pulses sent from the Nanoloop usb midi adaptor. He said he never tested it with LSDJ.

EDIT: It's possible that very old versions of LSDJ will work with it, but none of the versions I tried did.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Dec 14, 2015 7:43 pm)

IL, US

i never had a problem using it personally on the handful of times i needed to sync lsdj to piggy tracker using either a gp2x (using the usb host i linked and a piggy->midi box) or a pi

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well, for me the only way to get it to sync was to switch LSDJ sync off, start the song manually, then start the sync source, then switch LSDJ to slave sync (at which point I couldn't stop the song without going through that again). This would keep the tempo in step but it was difficult or impossible to keep the actually bars synced up properly.

I was told this was not defective behaviour, that it was working as expected and that LSDJ wasn't ever tested. He even delisted LSDJ support on the product page soon after.

EDIT: What version of LSDJ were you using? Perhaps it really does work on certain versions.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Dec 14, 2015 8:06 pm)

IL, US

i'm not sure, i only have used it for remixing other people's songs ( ipersonally almost never use lsdj, not my cup of tea), so whichever version they wrote their songs in