Bonn, Germany
bit 9 wrote:

DBOYD - sunshine. for a lonely heart.

My all-time favorite sugar-sweet song. Give it a listen.

dude, you just won this thread.

what a lovely piece of music yikes heart

Whateverville, California
havocCc wrote:

Isn't it though? DBOYD is a genius.

One of my favorite chip songs has to be "Push Off The Ground" by Infodrive. It's got a line of melancholy underneath the happy major structure that makes it really work.

"Hurrigwen" by Squarepunch is so honest and touching that It makes me emotional.

The Daydream Elevator by bubu is super emotional and just so beautifully written. I mentioned it in another thread, and I'll keep mentioning it because it's a masterpiece. One of my favorite chip albums of all time from front to back.

"Stargazer" by Ikari Is so pure and perfect it makes me want to cry. It has made me cry. I am a 28 year old man and this is perfectly acceptable behavior, haha. :') Any more work by, or info on this artist would be much appreciated.

I'm decidedly not of the same caliber as the aforementioned musicians, but most of my work fits into the stereotypical "Happy Dance Chiptune" box.
Unnatural Flavors is chock full of joy.

Last edited by Imaginary (Dec 24, 2015 10:27 pm)

IL, US
pselodux wrote:
Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

For sure within the scene there is amazing variety! But I mean to the general public they immediately make the connection with "videogame music" like mario and shit. That's what I meant. I think I was generalizing though. My bad.

I've started noticing this with some chip gigs as well though; there tends to be less emphasis on experimental/dark stuff and more happy hardcore/EDM, which is fun and all, but maaan I want to go to a chip doom gig or something, ha!

i'd be all for this. always hoped they'd do something like this for a halloween pulsewave instead of cover song sets...

Bonn, Germany
Imaginary wrote:
havocCc wrote:

Isn't it though? DBOYD is a genius.

One of my favorite chip songs has to be "Push Off The Ground" by Infodrive. It's got a line of melancholy underneath the happy major structure that makes it really work.

"Hurrigwen" by Squarepunch is so honest and touching that It makes me emotional.

The Daydream Elevator by bubu is super emotional and just so beautifully written. I mentioned it in another thread, and I'll keep mentioning it because it's a masterpiece. One of my favorite chip albums of all time from front to back.

"Stargazer" by Ikari Is so pure and perfect it makes me want to cry. It has made me cry. I am a 28 year old man and this is perfectly acceptable behavior, haha. :') Any more work by, or info on this artist would be much appreciated.

I'm decidedly not of the same caliber as the aforementioned musicians, but most of my work fits into the stereotypical "Happy Dance Chiptune" box.
Unnatural Flavors is chock full of joy.

WOOOOAH DUDE
i totally forgot about bubu! D:
he was the artist i listened the most to back when i started putting my stuff on soundcloud, thanks for the gentle reminder! big_smile

the rest also was pretty much what im looking for :>

thanks again to everyone in this thread, keep dem vibes coming heart