this is my ultimate midi gameboy, i dont think i will make another one like this just because it was so difficult to fit everything inside.

this gameboy is actually FOR SALE! i will be putting it on ebay tomorrow, but if someone wants to make an offer for it before then, then they can email me Ralph (dot) nex (at) gmail (dot) com

this is a special edition one, in the way that if someone had asked me to make it i would have turned them down because of the amount of work, i wont be making another gameboy to this level for sale because of the work, the only reason i am making this and selling it is because i am going on holiday in 2 weeks and need the cash badly so i will be selling this at a lower price than i would normally. get a bargin!

basically it has just about everything:

clear case with text removed
clear buttons
case lights/button lights
"strobe lights" on the back that flash with the music
PS/2 keyboard socket to make any old computer keyboard into an LSDJ keyboad
white backlight with bi invert for high contrast
brand new screen surround
full midi support
pitch bent with a "low crash rate" switch between normal and pitch bent
3.5mm pro sound
normal headphone jack intact and internal speaker
1/4" pro sound
modified arduino with purple BPM light

so yea you wanna see pics ok:

this is the LED that lights up the D pad

pitch bent pot, very tight fit

PS/2 socket

midi sockets fitted, mode button and 1/4" socket

strobe lights down the sides

pitch bent switch

modification to the shield to make room for the bivert chip

pitch bent chip fitted and bivert

first test

midi start with many resistors

pro sound wired

arduino in place, clear buttons and biverted backlight screen

wiring nightmare!

more wiring

case lights/strobes

keyboard test

lights1

lights2

lights3

lights4

It's a dream come true.

BRKCOREKID wrote:

It's a dream come true.

almost, you have to buy it and then all your dreams come true lol

Man, whats a price for that? Do I need to go in PM?

BRKCOREKID wrote:

Man, whats a price for that? Do I need to go in PM?

best to take it to PM or drop me a mail smile i prefer to do transactions off forum

hardcore, Australia

Does this have the original link port? or is that taken up by the ps2 connection?

If the port itself is still there, would it be possible to to wire the output of the arduino in parallel to the link port(assuming you've disconnected the port from the pcb) so you could use the one midi connection to sync two gameboys to the one clock source?

this doesnt sound that clear. and im not sure how to make it clearer.

Last edited by godinpants (Jun 27, 2010 12:54 am)

godinpants wrote:

Does this have the original link port? or is that taken up by the ps2 connection?

If the port itself is still there, would it be possible to to wire the output of the arduino in parallel to the link port(assuming you've disconnected the port from the pcb) so you could use the one midi connection to sync two gameboys to the one clock source?

this doesnt sound that clear. and im not sure how to make it clearer.

the original link port is there as stock, i remember trying it once with some of my other gameboys to link games like tetris and that worked fine,

it would link with other gameboys running LSDJ and effectively make that gameboy midi enabled too, as far as sync is conserned

this gameboy is special because it has a micro switch on the side where the arduino can be disconnected from the link port so the port can be used as normal

Geneva, NY

Rad mod. I fixed the topic title cuz this isn't a sale thread.

bleo wrote:

Rad mod. I fixed the topic title cuz this isn't a sale thread.

awesome thanks for that!