this is my ultimate midi DMG for sale,

i will be listing this on ebay tomorrow evening but if anyone wants to make me an offer before i put it up you can contact me Ralph (dot) nex (at) gmail (dot) com

if someone had asked me to build this i would have turned them down because of the work, the only reason i am selling this is because i am going on holiday in 2 weeks and i need the money badly. so i will be selling this for less than i normally would.

i will not be making a gameboy like this for sale again, so this is a one off special edition!

if it doesn't sell in two weeks i will probably be keeping it for myself, i just need the money really badly right now.

this gameboy as everything,

biverted backlight
full midi support
pitch bent
duel prosound 3.5mm and 1/4"
and more!

for details and build pics see here:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/28320/#p28320

Last edited by NeX (Jun 26, 2010 12:23 pm)

IL, US

this really shouldnt be two threads. the for/sale trade one is where you should have all the info

e.s.c. wrote:

this really shouldnt be two threads. the for/sale trade one is where you should have all the info

the other post is a build blog which will be archived permenently in the gameboy section, the forsale threads die out so just the fact that it is for sale is listed here because it won't be for sale for ever.

rochester, ny

i think something this epic deserves TEN threads.

IL, US

(shrug) just thought i should point that out as a staff member
id agree with you IF the other thread had been in existence before this one, and upon completion of the unit you chose to sell it, but this just feels like two threads to get extra views and sell it faster

e.s.c. wrote:

id agree with you IF the other thread had been in existence before this one, and upon completion of the unit you chose to sell it, but this just feels like two threads to get extra views and sell it faster

well it was built purely for sale so i suppose that cant be helped.

the problem i have had before is when i have put a build blog up of something i am selling it gets moved to the for sale section. anything in the forsale section gets lost and people don't read it.

i wanted this project to inspire people (which is has on some other sites) but also i want it to sell because i need the money.

and actually the blog thread was up first, and i only post a build blog thread after i finish a project.

IL, US
NeX wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

the problem i have had before is when i have put a build blog up of something i am selling it gets moved to the for sale section. anything in the forsale section gets lost and people don't read it.

i wanted this project to inspire people (which is has on some other sites) but also i want it to sell because i need the money.

and actually the blog thread was up first, and i only post a build blog thread after i finish a project.

that wouldn't really be a blog thread so much then, as a thread about completed projects which you intend to sell...if in the past theyve been moved here by other staff members, that should have indicated to you that this is the proper place for those threads

e.s.c. wrote:
NeX wrote:

that wouldn't really be a blog thread so much then, as a thread about completed projects which you intend to sell...if in the past theyve been moved here by other staff members, that should have indicated to you that this is the proper place for those threads

does that mean that if something is for sale you can't post a completed project post in another part of the forum?

its just that even tho i intend to sell this, i still put a lot of work in it that i would like to post for other people even if they don't intend to buy it and like i said before trade threads die off, it would be no good people commenting on a trade thread about the project because comments on a trade thread should just be just about buying it.

i am not sure how else to go about posting it?

gameboy is now sold!!!!!!

Dang? Who bought it!? Or are you not allowed to tell wink lol

BRKCOREKID wrote:

Dang? Who bought it!? Or are you not allowed to tell wink lol

well i think its best not to say who bought it, but it will be in the post to them tomorrow,

BUT if you would like a normal midi gameboy let me know smile i have a few more gameboys that need modding

Geneva, NY

One more thing while we're talking moderation... it's is explicitly against he forum rules to post something for sale w/o listing a price.  Please keep that in mind if you sell any other kickass mods here!  wink