Solar System

Hello.

My name is Matej. I do Atari Pokey music.

I found Atari chipmusic of my friends from Poland in video of big game company which made TOP 20 game for Facebook.

Here is video:
PIXEL FEDERATION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCMktTodGo

I posted in comment to post at least music author in their video:

Author > > >  Lukasz Sychowicz (Grayscale) - Zizibum
Platform > > > Atari 800XE / StereoPokey
Website > > > www.grayscale.scene.pl

And asked to pay little money for licensing song to Him...
They deleted my comment.

Here is that song in ATARI ASMA database:
http://asma.atari.org/asmadb/search.php?play=2384
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYS66ZWrxWg

I know that lot of people thinks that chipmusic is for free or something like that.
But OK when normal youtuber or kid use it. But this is big software company.
They have over 150 employers and office in one of most overpriced city in Eurozone.
And their games play over 20 million gamers worldwide.

So please make some nice comments to that video and give them some dislikes...

One day maybe you will find your music in such video with your music... And guy will talk how cool they are! And how cool office space they have. And you will spend lot of hours of tracking on your song and they will give you zero $. And no authorship in video description. And they will make lot of cash...

Last edited by Matej (Feb 9, 2016 9:06 am)

King's Lynn, UK

The website link didn't work for me. What licence was your friend's music released under? Has your friend tried flagging the video himself for copyright infringement? As I understand it some companies like youtube will only block things like this if the owner of the licence complains (that could be another company that I'm thinking of though)

Solar System

Link fixed! So please make some comments that music in video is Atari music, Pokey, 8Bit, chipmusic, Grayscale band, composed by Greg, Xray etc etc etc...

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tell your friends to make a copyright claim through youtube. It'll either get the video taken down or get them profit sharing on the ads.

Chicago, IL

Pretty messed up. I posted a comment and disliked. I'm sure they'll just delete it though. Tweeted too.

Nomad's Land

As long as there's no direct confirmation from Grayscale that this is actually fraudulent, I would advise against taking action on this.

NC in the US of America
HillyOTM wrote:

What licence was your friend's music released under? Has your friend tried flagging the video himself for copyright infringement? As I understand it some companies like youtube will only block things like this if the owner of the licence complains (that could be another company that I'm thinking of though)

Solar System

As Greg / Grayscale wrote:

"Dear Matej,

Thank you for letting us know.

The module they use is apparently zizibum by Xray, not the 404 error to
my poor ears ;-). Regardless of that, I sent a request to them to include the
author information in the YouTube website. We typically do not impose any
restrictions to the usage of our modules unless we are properly contributed and/or
the project which is using the chiptune is commercial (kind of CC non-commercial license).
So it is overall fine to use tune in the video if we are mentioned clearly as authors (which is
not the case here)."