West Midlands

AA: BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED
AAA: WARNING CHOKING HAZARD

Double A side (pun intended) circuit-bent dubstep single available to buy as a one off physical release from http://monstermonsterstore.bigcartel.com

Only 40 available worldwide! Each is numbered, signed and comes with a shiny poster!

Previews up on http://www.soundcloud.com/monstermonster

Rob

Monster! Monster!

Don't mean to be a dick or anything, as you've obviously put a lot of time/effort/talent into this one, but I don't exactly see how this is... chipmusic.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Do you use Massive?

Minneapolis

Oh, sounds nice. I'm tempted to pick this up. I know it's not the most chip thing in the world, but you CAN in fact hear it in there, and for me chip sound is only one tool in any good electronic musicians toolbox. So, good work! Now to check my bank account and see if I can really spare the monies for the disc.

EDIT: oh snap, "Batteries not Included" is most exceptional. Care to share how long the actual tracks are? smile

Last edited by arfink (Jun 28, 2010 8:29 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
PlainFlavored wrote:

Don't mean to be a dick or anything, as you've obviously put a lot of time/effort/talent into this one, but I don't exactly see how this is... chipmusic.

Chicago IL

oh i get it, it's like attack! attack! but with monster instead.

anyway cool game boy on the cover it sounds like mario at a rave without mario or rave

Minneapolis

tsk, listen closer guys! It's in there, just not completely blatant.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
arfink wrote:

tsk, listen closer guys! It's in there, just not completely blatant.

i like that it's not obvious. smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Yo Monster!Monster! , have I heard your trax played on dubstep.fm?

Last edited by low-gain (Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm)

Minneapolis

Not completely on topic here at all, but your remix of "I Just Died in Your Arms" was more like "I Just $hat in My Pants" when I listened to it. Got more musics anywhere besides your soundcloud?

Last edited by arfink (Jun 28, 2010 9:17 pm)

West Midlands

Yo!

PlainFlavored wrote:

No worries! I used a lot of different gear in this, and a load of re-sampling - I think my aim with these two tracks was to try and use as many different 8bit/lofi sources of sounds as possible in addition to 'regular' electronic noises. I spent a good 2 weeks going around car boots and charity shops looking for toys/toy keyboards to circuit bend. There were many keyboard casualties in the course of this, but I think I managed to get some dirty tones from what were seemingly innocuous instruments. These in turn were fed into an electribe and then exported and arranged in ACID 6.0. Admittedly, this isn't pure Chiptune and it's been a step away from anything I've released in the past - but there's still a dash of Gameboy in there and a bit of Casio VL-1 percussion. Hope this sort of clears things up!

low-gain wrote:

Do you use Massive?

I don't use any VSTs, the combination of ACID and my old laptop just won't support them haha.
I may have been on dubstep.fm, I sent them a track or two a while ago to their soundcloud, but not sure if it got played out!

arfink wrote:

Not completely on topic here at all, but your remix of "I Just Died in Your Arms" was more like "I Just $hat in My Pants" when I listened to it. Got more musics anywhere besides your soundcloud?

Cheers! I have a load of tracks for download over on 8bc, and there's a few others on my myspace, if anyone still frequents either http://www.myspace.com/monstermonsteruk

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Monster! Monster! wrote:
low-gain wrote:

Do you use Massive?

I don't use any VSTs, the combination of ACID and my old laptop just won't support them haha.
I may have been on dubstep.fm, I sent them a track or two a while ago to their soundcloud, but not sure if it got played out!

mmk. cool. glad to hear that. I think that VST takes the fun out of it.. makes it too easy.
I think i've heard your stuff before or you manage to get a very similar bass sound to this other track i've heard on there from time to time. then again how many dub step artists are using 8-bit themed items?

i'd love to get more of your material. drop me an email sometime.

dubstep.fm is disgusting
and I mean that not in the "filthy good" way, how dare you low-gain.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

filthy dirty grimey sick nasty m8

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

what's wrong w/ dubstep.fm? you got a better Free internet radio that streams the stuff 24/7?
it's free. it works for me on iTunes, and on my phone.. tongue
big deal.

Minneapolis

Well, Low-Gain, I do like dubstep.fm, but I also really like Nectarine Radio. Check them out here: http://www.scenemusic.eu/demovibes/

BTW, that's a very clever new avatar. smile