[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:58 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
e.s.c. wrote:
XyNo wrote:

At Toy Company fest 2 in Montreal, I was with jefftheworld and I was leaving the greenroom to see the show and a drunk guy entered out of nowhere at the same time and piss in the trashcan of the greenroom...after that everybody was thinking I was the one who did that...
I passed for an idiot but it was awesome ! tongue

i didn't even know the greenroom was there until the second night, so i spent that first night in the vj booth

Oh damn that sucks !!! I should have went to the VJ spot to talk to you a little or Mike and Jerome but I was already too shy with all the legends in the place !!! wink

Chicago

Nottingham, UK
theghostservant wrote:

I'm still kind of proud of that. The guy who posts gibberish while high has been gone for a long time though.

Unsubscribe

Toronto, Canada
TSC wrote:

When I busted Crystal Castles.

What's yhe whole crystal castles deal?

IL, US
Starshine wrote:
TSC wrote:

When I busted Crystal Castles.

they ripped off a few chip artists, then acted extra shitty when they were called out about it.. here's some info, but there's tons more written about it
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/05/c … s-license/

Bonn, Germany

well, i wasn't part of the scene before 2011 so I missed all the glorious 8bc days and some of the most awesome things to happen in chiptune :<
but my personal highlights of the last years were:

- chibi-techs set at blip 2012
- the announcement of Cymba (the hype is real)
- last september there was a bleepstreet party in berlin with cTrix, henry homesweet, computadora and midi man; after the show, cTrix gave me one of his "selected works" - USB sticks and said to me "here, take this for being awesome and for putting the most action on the dancefloor" (note: i was totally super mega hyper NOT on MDMA ;-] )
- being present at Covox very last set, which was at Hyperwave 2 in London

guess that's all, looking forward to future chiptune happenings big_smile

Madriz, Supain
e.s.c. wrote:
Starshine wrote:

they ripped off a few chip artists, then acted extra shitty when they were called out about it.. here's some info, but there's tons more written about it
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/05/c … s-license/

Its still my fav topic to bring back when chatting with chiptuners

Unsubscribe
havocCc wrote:

wait WUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Bonn, Germany
herr_prof wrote:
havocCc wrote:

wait WUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

yeah it's sad hmm
i knew it before that he quits, because shirobon told me, but when his set ended and he said "thank you so much, there will be no more covox" it was a heartbreak sad

he will continue making music though, but under another name and other styles (as far as i know)

NUMBSKULL

Dang dude. Covox is what I show people when I tell them about "Gameboy Music". The CONDOM set is probably my favorite chip release as well.

San Diego, CA

maybe condom was all a dream

IL, US
spacetownsavior wrote:

maybe condom was all a dream

unlikely, i was there and actually sober too...at least mostly sober...

Mexico City

I have a couple, but my favorite has to be recovering the gear that was stolen from IAYD during his first show in Mexico, and also had a pretty good time in that year's SXSW and meeting in person a lot of OGs from the chiptune community

BK

this is sad sad I'm so glad I got to see him at lwlvl then.

havocCc wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

wait WUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

yeah it's sad hmm
i knew it before that he quits, because shirobon told me, but when his set ended and he said "thank you so much, there will be no more covox" it was a heartbreak sad

he will continue making music though, but under another name and other styles (as far as i know)